vBulletin and Mambo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin and Mambo

I am currently with IPB but as my license is up soon I am thinking of changing to VB. However, I have mambo and I would preferably like a forum that will integrate with this. As of yet there is nothing stable for IPB and I wondered whether there was anything for VB?

Many Thanks

Just look here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138119

or here:

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=52365

Comment

Mambo is really nice, I have been testing with it. I will start to use it more as I figure out how to work it inside out.

With the existing integration available for vBulletin on Mambo, it allows you to share a member database, and some other cool features like posting of articles. I want to be able to do more. Mambo does seem like a top-notch software, tie it with vBulletin you got an unbeatable combination.

Comment

I've messed around with it myself in the past and it is nice once you get the hang of it. I haven't seen the integration with vBulletin part yet (it's been a while since I last played with it) and am contemplating the idea of using that versus a small CMS that I wrote for my site. Mambo would be easier to use since it's already built and ready to go whereas my custom code would require much more development and testing.

Comment

vB Bridge is released : http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthr...5&page=1&pp=10

And it is free and works !

Comment

Interesting....

*Pushes aside subdreamer.* "Don't worry baby..I'm just looking."

Comment

This is definately a good reason for moving across. Can I ask though, I have been told its pretty buggy, is there anyone on here that uses it smoothly?

Comment

Originally posted by ravenfire
                This is definately a good reason for moving across. Can I ask though, I have been told its pretty buggy, is there anyone on here that uses it smoothly?
                I used Mambo for years on and off and think it's great and not anywhere near as bloated as PHPnuke and such like.

Comment

I tried Mambo for a short while on a test site. It seemed a bit slow....
                  War is only fun when you are winning.

Comment

Can i just check, does this bridge work with the new release of Vbulletin?

Comment

Mambo development team left Mambo project

Unfornately, the whole Mambo development team has left Mambo, due to a dispute with the Mambo Foundation which is designed to grant control to Miro, a design that makes cooperation between the Foundation and the community impossible.

The Mambo development team has written a letter to the community here:
                      http://www.opensourcematters.org/
                      Europanet.dk

Comment

I don't get it... someone explain it to me in simple-form please.

I have trouble understanding formal-like letter like that and stuff sometimes.
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

A divorce you can say. The team which has developed (and now left) Mambo will develop new versions with a high level of a high level of backward compatibility, but with a new name.

However, the development team still encourages to download and
                          install Mambo, and follow theri upgrade path to the next version
                          on http://www.opensourcematters.org/
                          Europanet.dk

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikHansen
                            A divorce you can say. The team which has developed (and now left) Mambo will develop new versions with a high level of a high level of backward compatibility, but with a new name.

However, the development team still encourages to download and
                            install Mambo, and follow theri upgrade path to the next version
                            on http://www.opensourcematters.org/
                            Ah, okay. I understood the leaving part somewhat, but didn't full comprehend the ground-point of the thing. Thanks.
                            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

After using mambo and despite loving the fact it's coded so well for free, I ended up feeling that I need something simpler. The fact I love to design and redesign means that I can add immense versatility to something I always knew how to use, vbulletin!

Tack on to the fact I have a full license, that I DEPEND on jelsoft to create timely security releases and I have a product I can trust not to be hacked to death, and I have a winner. I use add ons such as vbhome software to create a coherent for my site, but again I can redesign the template to my heart's content and change styles.

In any case, I'm very sorry to hear that mambo's team divorced. It was a great CMS and I hope this change in hands doesn't affect it too dramatically.

Comment

Working...
                              X