No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriotcow.. I can't believe how many pictures you've taken of Blackpool.. I work in the town center and live in St-Annes Nice pics.. although I don't know if Blackpool is the most beautiful places to take pics

First Blackpooler I've known on here anyway.

I've got an SLR style camera which I've had for a couple of years now, Fuji s602z, and it's been a joy to use and because of the fully manual modes I can learn the aspects of photography without spending too much money.

I mainly take pictures of motor racing events, motorbikes mainly. The problem I have found is that whilst I may have a poor camera, the spectator safety restrictions mean that I always get poor positioning from the side of the track. This has made me hold off from investing in SLR, as Kier says - its not the camera, its the person pointing it. And if that person is forced to be badly positioned - then the pictures always turn out at average at best.
    HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
    -
    Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• Martz Ive only just moved to blackpool about 3 weeks ago, I love it so far. So much stuff to do compared with Rhyl. I live near the airport about 5 mins walk from the pleasurebeach, can see the rides from my room much better than seeing fields lol. Where do you work then?

Setting of for london tomorrow morning, plan to fill my 2GB card for pics for you all

Comment

• I work for a hotel group in the center of Blackpool, we have some hotels here and in the lakes.

Personally, having lived here for almost all of my life, I would prefer to see fields and grass rather than tourist eye candy.. but I guess thats the novelty of Blackpool.

Good look with your pics.
        HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
        -
        Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• Cybershots are great...for portable, compact size. But they have problems like parallax issues, in addition they can't compare to SLR and human intuitation
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• whats a parallax issue?

i just dont have the time or desire to have to change a bunch of settings everytime i want to take a pic i guess..my parents and uncle were all into photography...i remember my uncle bringing home a lens that cost 2000 or so and asking me if i wanted to see it..i said no-gah what if i dropped it? i like to just be able to point and shoot. this cybershot is fun tho, the novelty still hasnt worn off, i'm still taking pics of everything in sight. the cat is starting to run when he sees me pull it out

Comment

• Some random pics I took. I believe all taken with a digital rebel (300D) except the turtle one.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by chrispadfield; Sun 31 Jul '05, 7:18am.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• A few more ...
                Attached Files
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Nice pics, Chris - though quite a few more of them than just the turtle pic are taken with your S400

Comment

• Thanks, and yeah you are right looking at them again

The whale one is pretty cool, unfortunatly I missed the best jump the whale did given that I was looking after someone whose stomach was not agreeing with the waves. That was the 2nd closest the whale got, the time I missed it was only about 35 meters away from us - amazing!
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• What lens were you using? I noticed f/9 and 200mm - max aperture was f/5.6 so I'm guessing EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6?

Comment

• Its an old film lens that came with a film based SLR I bought 6 years or so back. Its 80-200nm, 4.5-5.6. That an the kit digital rebel lens. I also have a sigma 170-500 lens for very close range shots; I have some great african wildlife and some surfer pics taken on it; but all unfortunatly on film.

Lenses are something i need to learn more about; I don't really understand all the benefits over certain lenses, so far more SLR shooting hastn't been that far removed from point and shoot; definitely a lot of room to learn!
                          Christopher Padfield
                          Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• Perhaps you know Kier, is there any realtivly cheap way to get a whole lot of developed negatives digitized? I know you can buy the scanners, but it would seem that it would take an age to digitize say 50 films worth. I managed to take 30 x 36 during 6 days of safari!

I also have about 30 APS films from point and shoot stuff it would be great to digitize so I could throw em away. It would seem that would be a lot quicker to do.
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• I would have thought that pro photo labs would have facilities for that sort of thing, though if you have that much to digitize it would probably be cheaper to buy your own scanner and a transparency adapter.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrispadfield
                                Perhaps you know Kier, is there any realtivly cheap way to get a whole lot of developed negatives digitized? I know you can buy the scanners, but it would seem that it would take an age to digitize say 50 films worth. I managed to take 30 x 36 during 6 days of safari!

I also have about 30 APS films from point and shoot stuff it would be great to digitize so I could throw em away. It would seem that would be a lot quicker to do.
                                Walmart will do a strip of negatives to CD for $2.82, which isn't to steep.
                                Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X