Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *laughs*

I was looking into getting a canon powershot SI2. Reviews seems good on it and it has hte same sensor as the digital rebel which in addition to its 12x optical zoom is a real plus for me.

I think it may be a good mix between begginer and pro with room to grow. What do you guys think?
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Originally posted by hellsatan
      Not July then?

Where's it at? I might come crash it... Er I mean come and give my personal congratulations to the bride and groom

Satan
      Weddings are the best place to meet women -- Wedding Crashers.

Anyways I am looking at th E0D...any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
        *laughs*

I was looking into getting a canon powershot SI2. Reviews seems good on it and it has hte same sensor as the digital rebel which in addition to its 12x optical zoom is a real plus for me.

I think it may be a good mix between begginer and pro with room to grow. What do you guys think?
        I'm afraid whoever told you that the S2 IS has the same sensor as the Digital Rebel (300D) was fairly dramatically incorrect.

1) The S2 IS uses a CCD sensor, the 300D uses CMOS

2) The S2 IS has a resolution of 5MP, the 300D has 6MP

3) The S2 IS sensor is physically minute, the 300D sensor is relatively gigantic in comparison

The two sensors really couldn't be more different.

I'm not saying that the S2 IS is a bad camera by any means - it's one of the best non SLR cameras out there right now. [Review]

Comment

• Originally posted by Arunan
          Anyways I am looking at th E0D...any suggestions?
          E0D? Typo?

Comment

• $content = <<<EOD
            Maybe it was an attempt at a geeky reply
            EOD;

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier
              E0D? Typo?
              lol, forgot the OS and 1
              EOS 10D
              Last edited by someuser190826; Thu 28 Jul '05, 11:48am.

Comment

• The 10D is an excellent camera. It's been discontinued and replaced with the 20D, and as a result you can find the 10D at very good prices if you look around.

Comment

The 10D is an excellent camera. It's been discontinued and replaced with the 20D, and as a result you can find the 10D at very good prices if you look around.
                  I was looking at local shops, and not many carry the 10D...do you happen to have a 10D? Or know of anyone who has one? If so, I wouldn't mind a price estimate.

Also how much do you think it would be? I need a price estimate (since it is discontinued) of how much a 10D is actually worth -- so I can use it to benchmark offers I get and find.

Thanks.

Comment

• I'd actually buy a used 10D on Ebay from someone with a decent reputation.

There are lots of people who always want the newest thing and are selling their 10D in order to buy a 20D... So more fool them and go get their camera

Comment

I'd actually buy a used 10D on Ebay from someone with a decent reputation.

There are lots of people who always want the newest thing and are selling their 10D in order to buy a 20D... So more fool them and go get their camera
                      On ebay I am seeing it for around $600 CAD ($500 USD / 275£)

Comment

• Considering that it cost well over &#163;1000 when new, that's a brilliant price if it's in good condition.

Comment

Considering that it cost well over £1000 when new, that's a brilliant price if it's in good condition.
                          Alright thanks! Wish me luck in trying to obtain one.

Comment

• i know this is a thread about fancy cameras, but i just bought a Sony Cybershot T-33 (my first digital camera) and i think its incredibly awesome. i'm loving the built in macro lens/setting, so cool to take closeups of stuff..the photos are incredibly crisp and clear, i'm really impressed actually..its taking better photos than my regular camera, which is an Olympus Stylus. plus its so much easier to just pop the memory card in my puter and upload the pics, and print them out on my photo printer, instead of having to schlep to the drugstore to get them developed (i dont ahve the time or space to build a darkroom). just wondering if anyone has the T33 and what their opinions are on it. i'm really happy with it-one of those rare occasions where i feel i got MORE than i paid for

Comment

• Cybershots are good, I have the DSC P-150 and its 7.2MP and I love it. Its not a professional camera for proper serious photography but for press the button pics the quality is amazing never beat cybershots for compact cameras!

Comment

• I've only got an ickle Cybershot of 3.2MP

Its the DSC-P52 - Very crisp Images for what I use them for - Might get one with 5+ MP for more detailed shots in the future

I'd like to take some pro-esque shots so I can use them as wallpapers or perhaps make designs out of them

Satan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X