No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The S2 is priced at 700 here. That's still a lot of money, but not nearly as much as some of the other high end cameras. I'll take a look sometime. I wonder how much I can get for my Canon SD100.

Comment

Kier,

For some of those wedding shots with the blue sky, did you end up using a polarizer on any of them or did it turn out to be a really nice day?
      [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

No polariser on any of the wedding shots - just a combination of a nice balanced exposure and a good sky colour to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nukey
          The S2 is priced at 700 here. That's still a lot of money, but not nearly as much as some of the other high end cameras. I'll take a look sometime. I wonder how much I can get for my Canon SD100.
          I got my S2 for $395 after tax. I have not had a chance to play around with it yet. I took it out the box and headed off on vacation without it Another great non SLR camera that has semi SLR functionality is the Panisonic FZ20. Do not use PCMag as a review database though. The reason I picked the Powershot series was because of their smaller size and awesome movie modes. Both the S1 and S2 take 640x480 @ 30fps.
          Originally posted by Ogden2k
          Kier makes Ogden2k feel bad with his Dimage Z3.

I'm hoping that the photography class I'm going to take next month will help.
          Minolta makes great cameras, and the Z3 is nothing to be ashamed of. Now if you had spent $300 on a Kodak camera, you should be ashamed But as Kier said, any camera has the possibility to produce amazing photographs, you just need to know where and when to shoot. My sister uses a Samsung 35mm camera and can produce amazing shots. Often times people blame it on technology, but thats hardly the case.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Its 700 CDN. I'm going down to the states soon. I'll see how much they are there

Comment

This wouldn't happen to be the future Mrs. Darby would it?

Or?

Some shots before I left for home. Shots are a bit grainy because of GD compression.

Last edited by tgillespie; Wed 27 Jul '05, 12:25pm.
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Okay, just to clear something up, the first picture is of my sister...

Comment

Let's see some self portraits Kier
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                    Okay, just to clear something up, the first picture is of my sister...
                    Gorgeous. PM me her number

(Before I get banned, it was great knowing all of you!)

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie
                      I really like the motion in this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier
                        And this beauty is my fiancé...
                        Congrats...You two set a date yet?
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Yuh huh - June 17th 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier
                            Yuh huh - June 17th 2006
                            Not July then?

Where's it at? I might come crash it... Er I mean come and give my personal congratulations to the bride and groom

Satan

Comment

• Invitations will be sent out in due course...

Comment

• I can PM you my address if you'd like, just so it doesn't get lost

Satan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X