No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you leave it somewhere for me to steal?

You'll get your money back, and I'll get the equipment

Satan

Comment

Originally posted by hellsatan
      Can you leave it somewhere for me to steal?

You'll get your money back, and I'll get the equipment

Satan
      That would be no.

Comment

Attended a family reunion today, forgot my new camera at home, so I had to use my older S1. I only had a 32MB compact flash card so had to take low resolution pictures. Got a few keepers.

and some of me fooling around

Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I have a 2GB memory card it cost a bit to

Comment

I had a 1GB compact flash for my S1, but sold it when I got the S2. I also have one 1GB and one 512MB SD card for my S2, but they were no good when I grabbed the wrong camera bag
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

tgillespie - some nice pics there, though a few pointers:

Both 0685 and 0701 suffer from a lack of dynamic range - this is often easily fixed with a bit of tweaking in Photoshop using the Shadows and Highlights tool, or a Levels adjustment layer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	3666990 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	3666991

I feel that 0678 would have been a much nicer shot had you recomposed slightly to fill the frame - right now it looks very much like you put the center focus point over their heads and snapped away. Try using focus-and-recompose, which involves putting the focus point over the item of interest and then recomposing the shot with the shutter button still half-pressed. When you're happy with the framing, then take the shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0678.jpg
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	3666989

Comment

patriotcow, have you tried opening up the aperture a bit for shots like that one of the horse? A blurred background distracts far less from the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                  That would be no.
                  Spoilsport

Satan

Comment

I would also like to get in to photography but I have little to no money for an expensive camera hehe. I have taken a few pictures on my summer vacations that, although are not professional looking, are still nice to look at. I wasn't really trying to get the perfect shot (though I do try to get some good ones), but rather capture a memory.

Heck, I didn't even know how to completely use the focus (it is a bit awkward) until just recently so some if you look at some on the very highest resolution they might be blurred (some).
                    http://flickr.com/photos/marc_l/sets

I still do have some nice ones though.
                    http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=...-619627&size=l

Take a look at the Summer 2004 album I suppose. Those were taken at a lower resolution since I only had a 128mb card at the time. I've since upgraded to 1GB

Edit: Oh yeah if you click "All Sizes" at the top of each image you can see a bigger version. These are all taken with a Canon SD100
                    Last edited by Nukey; Mon 25th Jul '05, 11:06am.

Comment

Some nice pictures in there, Nukey. I especially like some of the framing of your Niagra shots.

Comment

Thanks Kier. I just wish I had money for better equipment and travel hehehe. I'd really like an SLR camera. My camera has some manual functions...but meh.
                        Last edited by Nukey; Mon 25th Jul '05, 11:04am.

Comment

I could have done better, but I wasn't doing proper photography it was just normal pic taking

Got some more if you wanna see

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by patriotcow
                              I could have done better, but I wasn't doing proper photography it was just normal pic taking

Got some more if you wanna see
                              That's what essentially all of my pics are hehe.

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X