Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    I see all these great pictures being posted, and there are some good ones. But lets be honest and throw a bit of controversy into this. It's not that hard these days to take a "good picture" with the technology that cameras now have to make everything automated.

    The days of having to use a manual SLR camera, and do all the shutter speed and other settings yourself are well gone. Now it's just click and there you go - great picture taken! Even my grandma if she was alive today could take a great picture with todays camera's!

    It's not a case of taking a great picture anymore, but capturing a great moment, thats the skill.
    While I agree with you, you also have to consider that not all photographers are trying to be great. I use my camera to share and help remember memories. Starting into photography it was encouraging to hear "Your such a great photographer," from friends and family, but thats not the reason I take pictures anymore. Spend five minutes on Flickr and you'll realize that you're one of a million photographers. Most likely, someone has already captured your picture too.

    My photography isn't a tool I use for self gratification, its a tool that I use to help share moments with friends and family. It really doesn't matter if someone visits my gallery and finds my pictures boring, because to a few, those pictures are absolutely amazing and forever a memory. With that, my favorite pictures are ones with people in them, preferably the ones that I love. Granted, if something catches my eye, I'll take a few captures, but thats not what I'm out to get anymore.
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    I just ordered the EOS Rebel XSi (EOS 450D) to replace my EOS Rebel XTi (EOS 400D).
    There's not a huge difference between those two but Canon changed some little things that I always hated (self-timer, viewfinder, battery pack).

    I'm not too sure about the new image processor (DIGIC III) but time will tell.
    Why not upgrade to the 40D? I made the upgrade a while ago and love the size, durability, LCD, and top LCD to much to ever go back.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

    Comment


    • That's a good question.

      I was thinking about spending the extra money for a 40D but then I came across the 450D which offers not all but some features the 40D has and that at a great price. Given my limited budget I better spend less money on the camera (we're not talking about a huge difference between those two) so I got more money left for the equipment that I also need.

      A battery grip is the next thing I'll buy because the 450D (and the 400D) are way too small for my hands.



      What do you guys think about the 4 GB SanDisk Extreme III SD card?
      That's the end of that!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MrNase View Post
        What do you guys think about the 4 GB SanDisk Extreme III SD card?

        That card should be just fine.

        I only use SanDisk cards. Extreme III or IV.
        Best Regards Tommy

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MrNase View Post
          That's a good question.

          I was thinking about spending the extra money for a 40D but then I came across the 450D which offers not all but some features the 40D has and that at a great price. Given my limited budget I better spend less money on the camera (we're not talking about a huge difference between those two) so I got more money left for the equipment that I also need.

          A battery grip is the next thing I'll buy because the 450D (and the 400D) are way too small for my hands.
          If you can, go take a look at the 40D before you make your decision. The 400D was way to small for my hand, and the first time I picked up a 40D, I knew it was a perfect fit. The battery grips are nice, but it wasn't something practical enough for every day shooting.

          Both are great cameras and will probably yield the same image results, but there are a few differences in handling and ease of use. I would suggest that before you make your decision, go play with a 40D. If your craving a different focal length or possibly faster glass, then I would go 450D and invest in some more lenses.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
            I would suggest that before you make your decision, go play with a 40D.
            The 450D is already on it's way (Amazon is really fast).


            Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
            If your craving a different focal length or possibly faster glass, then I would go 450D and invest in some more lenses.
            That's what I'll do.


            tommykjensen: Alright, hope it arrives soon.
            That's the end of that!

            Comment


            • check out this pano I did last night. I think it came out nice..

              Comment


              • Awesome job on the pano. That took a decent amount of time.

                A few posts ago I talked about a trip to Mexico, and the idea of bringing my camera. Well I did and we arrived back in one piece thankfully. I actually felt comfortable toting my camera around just about anywhere. I think I managed to grab a decent part of the vacation.













                Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                Comment


                • fantastic shots! and you got lighting! that is my favorite thing to capture and I've alone been able to do it once..

                  Comment




                  • Someone created a miniature model of my hometown.
                    (It's a fake tilt-shift Photography - I love the effect!)
                    That's the end of that!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
                      Awesome job on the pano. That took a decent amount of time.

                      A few posts ago I talked about a trip to Mexico, and the idea of bringing my camera. Well I did and we arrived back in one piece thankfully. I actually felt comfortable toting my camera around just about anywhere. I think I managed to grab a decent part of the vacation.

                      I like that picture, because to me it says: happiness and love. Great moment captured! And thats what it's all about, what a pcitures tell you.

                      Comment


                      • Nikon D90 Announced

                        Really like the new 720p movie feature - would come in handy for getting in-game footage for my gaming site
                        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

                        Comment


                        • Kier or anybody else, could you please post a picture with your EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and the Extender EF 2X II at 200mm. One with the Extender and one without. I recently upgraded my 70-200 4L to a 70-200 2.8L and been thinking about a teleconverter. Thanks for your input.
                          The Sisko
                          SciFi-Forum.de

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The_Sisko View Post
                            Kier or anybody else, could you please post a picture with your EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and the Extender EF 2X II at 200mm. One with the Extender and one without. I recently upgraded my 70-200 4L to a 70-200 2.8L and been thinking about a teleconverter. Thanks for your input.
                            Are you looking for the 2x only? I have the 1.4 and 2.8, if that would help you at all.
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                            Comment


                            • There will be loads of samples on pbase.com too
                              What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

                              Comment


                              • Sony A900 Launched!

                                Looks like the full frame war has begun

                                Edit: It's official - so replaced above link with news, instead of rumour.
                                Last edited by Razasharp; Tue 9th Sep '08, 6:48am.
                                What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X