No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I remb their forums are horrible - they don't use vB do they?

Also, they keep bugging you about personal details:

Dear ____ ____

Some weeks ago we sent you an email informing you about that your profile has not been filled out.
    Because your profile is still not filled out we are sending you this second email.

Nikonians is a community of sharing and we believe it is important that each member has a proper profile.
    This helps creating an atmosphere of trust and your fellow members will be more willing to help you.

Please fill out your membership profile today; it only takes a few minutes.
    You can do so through the "User Menu" link, which you find at the top of the Nikonians forums main page after you have logged in.

It is not mandatory to fill out your membership profile and you can safely ignore this email should you not desire to fill it out now.
    As mentioned though, it helps us and your fellow community members helping you.

Thank you for your support!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
      From what I remb their forums are horrible
      In what way?

- they don't use vB do they?
      I don't believe so.

Also, they keep bugging you about personal details:
      Seems like a perfectly legitimate and politely worded request. Their way of attempting to build and maintain a community, I guess.

I've learned a lot from all of the resources there. YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by amitts View Post
        In what way?
        One thing is that they require members to be Nikon owners. If you don't own Nikon you can't be a member there. I know a Canon owner that joined and partitipated but got banned as soon as the admins discovered that he did not own Nikon gear. So potential Nikon owners are not allowed to join until they have bought the gear. Thats a really nice way to treat potential owners. NOT.
        Best Regards Tommy

Comment

• I think that's a good step. In a forum I am active in you always have the 'Canon is better, no Nikon is better' discussions and they are really annoying.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrNase View Post
            I think that's a good step. In a forum I am active in you always have the 'Canon is better, no Nikon is better' discussions and they are really annoying.
            Yes those discussions are annoying just like pc vs mac but that isn't a good reason for banning owners of specific gear. Imagine a pc forum that banned mac owners if they did not also own a pc or the other way around.

That means you cut off potential new owners the resources the members are. On the canon specific forum I am moderator on we welcome anybody that are interested in photography. The equipment forums are solely for Canon discussions but that does not mean there is nothing for other owners. We actually have several Nikon owners.
            Best Regards Tommy

Comment

• I think it was just a bit sluggish, and old hat interface - haven't been there since I registered tbh! I also didn't get good vibes there, can't remb exactly why now (as it was ages ago) but what Tommy said does kindof make me think it may have been their general attitude.

Still each to their own :lol:

Comment

• Not sure if it has been posted in the last 30 pages but http://www.photography-on-the.net/forum is a great site for canonites!
                Aye

Comment

• New Nikon D300 Pics

Here's a few shots with my new Nikon d300. I used the 18-200mm VR lens. I have it set to 'Vivid' and since I shoot RAW I did some minimal processing, basically just setting the black and white points with Curse and adding a slight curve for contrast. No sharpening was done.

These were in and around Silver City, NM which has a large artists community and yes, those colors are really like that.
                  Attached Files
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Here's a few more.
                    Attached Files

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• And here's one I obviously Photoshopped a bit.
                      Attached Files

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Wow - Fantastic shots Steve!

Comment

• Great shots Steve. Glad the new camera and glass is working out for you. Some of my recent photos.

From earlier this morning.

Some randoms too

Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Do you know any good online shop for Canon lenses that ships internationally and accepts PayPal?

I am interested in the 'EF 50mm 1:1.8 II' from Canon.
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

• Nice shots Trent

How about some ebay shops MrNase?

Comment

• Way too expensive and most sellers don't ship to Germany.

I found it at amazon.com for $80.24 but they don't ship internationally.

Just a comparision: The lense costs $163.17 in Germany.
                                Last edited by MrNase; Thu 10th Apr '08, 6:28am.
                                That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X