Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO 400, f/9 and 1/100 second.

Of course the shot was done on a rock solid tripod using a cable release and mirror lock-up to avoid any camera shake.

You can stack the 2x converters ad infinitum (losing two stops of light/speed each time you do so) but the 1.4x TC can only go at the end of the stack, attached directly to the camera.

And yes, the EF 1200mm can take the extenders, though as the lens starts at f/5.6 you'd be unable to autofocus as soon as you put a 2x TC on it.

Comment

• Oh, and that shot was taken with the 1D, which of course has a 1.3 crop... tonight I'll try shooting it again with the 20D, as the 1.6 crop will make the moon even bigger in the frame (though I'll have to focus manually of course)

Comment

• wow, that moon pic is amazing
        Car Chops & Discussion
        NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

Comment

• The lense is very large and intimidating, Kier had it on a tripod when I walked in yesterday and I was startled by this big black thing looking directly at me.

Can't wait until the next few weeks when the moon is full.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Very impressive. Should have lots of fun with that peice. After the fixed lense, tele is gona be my next glass.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier View Post
              For those who wanted to see a pic taken with the 400mm f/2.8...

This was taken last night with the 400mm f/2.8L lens plus a 1.4x teleconverter and a 2.0x teleconverter stacked, to make an effective 1120mm f/8 lens:

Click for full size image

I like this lens quite a lot...
              Very nice!
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

• The Canon 400D was confirmed today. Ships in September for RRP of $799 without a lens and $899 with kit lens. Seems a pretty good deal to me.

Details here:
                http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3370

Think this massivly ups the odds of a 40D release for PMA next year.
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk
                DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Here are some I meant to post earlier from not not too long ago Chicago trip...

(click thumbnails for full size)

Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Full moon and partial lunar eclipse from last night:

Partial Eclipse

Full Moon

Click thumbnails for full versions.

Comment

• Dumb question but......

How do I post pictures to incorporate with text in a post.

I tried copy and past which worked but they disappear in preview.

Pictures are on my computer. I want to post them to vbulletin board in a restricted editorial area.

Comment

• Is it ok to post a link to a photography forum here I can highly recommend?
                        Best Regards Tommy

Comment

• Nice shots Kier. Only time I've seen the moon look like that is through a massive telescope.

A very cool high res time lapse video made using a 20D. Sorry about the crappy mirror. Only one I could find that was in 720p.
                          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Originally posted by tommykjensen View Post
                            Is it ok to post a link to a photography forum here I can highly recommend?
                            Now that you've asked nicely and if it is relevent to this thread: yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              Now that you've asked nicely and if it is relevent to this thread: yes.
                              hehe I asked because I am a moderator at that forum and wouldn't want to post the link without asking first. Maybe you already know the forum. In any case it is in my opinion the best photography forum on the net.

Canon Digital Photography Forums

Ohh and here is some of my photos: http://photo.klein-jensen.dk/ and I got this equipment: http://photo.klein-jensen.dk/equipment.php
                              Best Regards Tommy

Comment

• Originally posted by tommykjensen View Post
                                hehe I asked because I am a moderator at that forum and wouldn't want to post the link without asking first. Maybe you already know the forum. In any case it is in my opinion the best photography forum on the net.

Canon Digital Photography Forums

Ohh and here is some of my photos: http://photo.klein-jensen.dk/ and I got this equipment: http://photo.klein-jensen.dk/equipment.php
                                Very nice!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X