Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kier View Post

http://kier.vbulletin.com/kuramathi/

Post back here if you want to make a comment.
    My comment is : ENVYYYYY
    Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
    Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• Lovely photos Kier, what are you using for the underwater shots?
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• I guess I'll have to post a few of my 350D pictures at some point. (Blame Kier for me getting into photography )

Comment

• The underwater photos are taken with a Canon Powershot S1 IS in Canon's underwater housing for that camera... it's actually Ashley's camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
            I guess I'll have to post a few of my 350D pictures at some point. (Blame Kier for me getting into photography )
            He only did that to stop you breaking more of his code
            Diversion tactics

Comment

• Ahhh ... i see, nice. I was wondering if you had bought something like:
              http://www.digideep.com/english/unde...D-dual/35/1006

Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• Anyone got any guesses when they will accounce the successor to the EOS 30D? Sort of holding out to upgrade my 300D until then.
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• Originally posted by chrispadfield View Post
                  Anyone got any guesses when they will accounce the successor to the EOS 30D? Sort of holding out to upgrade my 300D until then.
                  There's unlikely to be a replacement for the 30D for at least 18 months.

Comment

Anyone got any guesses when they will accounce the successor to the EOS 30D? Sort of holding out to upgrade my 300D until then.
                    Didn't the 30D just come out (replacing the 20D)?

Now if you wanted a new version of the 1D (or maybe the 350D)...

Comment

• The 30D did just come out (well a few months ago now) but its really just a 20D Mark 2 with only a few, mainly, superficial changes.

If it is really 18 months before Canon introduce there next entry level prosumer camera arn't they going to face some pretty big problems from Nikon with their upgrade to the D70 due soon and D200 (arguably better than the 30D and probably due an upgrade before 18 months as well)
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• Canon don't have a track record of reactive releases following announcements by other companies - there has been no real reaction to either the D2X or the D200 from Canon. Their market share is so gigantic that they can afford to almost ignore the competion, safe in the knowledge that they have a dedicated customer base for their cameras due to their investment in the EF lens range.

It sounds a bit like Canon don't take account of competitors or customer requests, but the fact remains that when Canon announce a new camera at the end of its life cycle (18 months for consumer/prosumer cameras and 24 months for pro bodies) it's invariably streets ahead of the competition, comes to market only weeks after being announced, and rarely has significant flaws that need to be fixed via patches or service.

Comment

• All pimp hardware I can't afford anyway

Very nice pictures everybody.

Comment

• It sounds a bit like Canon don't take account of competitors or customer requests, but the fact remains that when Canon announce a new camera at the end of its life cycle (18 months for consumer/prosumer cameras and 24 months for pro bodies) it's invariably streets ahead of the competition, comes to market only weeks after being announced, and rarely has significant flaws that need to be fixed via patches or service.
                            Yeah, but do you think the 30D fits here? It was a pretty disappointing upgrade to the 20D hence the wonder if it is going to be a quicker "stop gap" camera until the real successor to the 20D comes out.
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Yeah, but do you think the 30D fits here? It was a pretty disappointing upgrade to the 20D hence the wonder if it is going to be a quicker "stop gap" camera until the real successor to the 20D comes out.
                              The 20D to 30D change was certainly a relatively minor upgrade, like the 1D Mark II to 1D Mark IIN before it.

However, when comparing the 30D to the D200, the real world difference between 8 megapixels and 10 is almost negligible and really what more would you want from a camera in the 20D/30D range that Canon would not consider to be encroaching on 1 series territory?

Comment

• I agree on the MP but a decent upgrade is going to approach on the series 1 terrority, istn't that the nature of things improving with the series 1 improving as well.

I guess I will consider the EOS 5D, although not having an inbuilt flash is a tad annoying for trying to travel "light".
                                Christopher Padfield
                                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X