X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, them photos look amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
      Just got a 350D and am shooting with the kit lense, which is a 18-55mm without IS.
      I bought a 350D a few months back for use with Astrophotography. Haven't quite worked out all the bugs yet but here's a few pics.

The last one of the Moon was taken through my telescope. The rest were 30 second exposures of the night sky near the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
      Attached Files
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• I've been looking for an Canon-EF-to-obscure-telescope-mount converter for a while now... had no luck yet, but I'd love to pair up my 1D and my (rather crappy) scope.

Comment

• Try www.telecopes.com for convertors. Also for great deals on used telescopes, try Astromart.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• I recommend that people go with the relatively new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM for excellent value for money. It's a lot of lens for not a serious dent in your wallet and the image quality is very good for a non-L lens.
            Completly agree on this, I bought this lens (with Kier's recommendation) and it has been great.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Wow, I am so late to this conversation. I've owned the Nikon D1, D1X and now have a Nikon D2X - I got lucky and got one of the first units B&H recevied when they were first announced. I have a Nikon F5 film camera I haven't used in like 8 years.

For lenses, I have:

Nikon 17-55 f2.8G
              Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6 VR
              Nikon 80-200 f2.8 VR (excellent camera for indoor events)

The lenses are their high end ones, but are well worth the money. The 18-200 VR lens is very popular as an all around lens with its anti-vibration capability.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanaSoft View Post
                Wow, I am so late to this conversation. I've owned the Nikon D1, D1X and now have a Nikon D2X - I got lucky and got one of the first units B&H recevied when they were first announced. I have a Nikon F5 film camera I haven't used in like 8 years.

For lenses, I have:

Nikon 17-55 f2.8G
                Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6 VR
                Nikon 80-200 f2.8 VR (excellent camera for indoor events)

The lenses are their high end ones, but are well worth the money. The 18-200 VR lens is very popular as an all around lens with its anti-vibration capability.
                That D2X is one very nice camera. I currently have a D50 because it's all I could afford. However, I do like the D200 as well, which I think will be my next camera (or its equivalent) when I get the money.
                Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• I enjoy the D2X very much, although a fullframe chip would be nice I'm not sure I'll upgrade to the next version (I might skip a generation given two of my lenses are DX lenses). The size of the D2X can be annoying at times and people gawk at the camera alot when you carry it around; carrying it around Disney got old at times and I wouldn't have minded the smaller D200 - although the D200 with the grip isn't much smaller.

Comment

I enjoy the D2X very much, although a fullframe chip would be nice I'm not sure I'll upgrade to the next version (I might skip a generation given two of my lenses are DX lenses). The size of the D2X can be annoying at times and people gawk at the camera alot when you carry it around; carrying it around Disney got old at times and I wouldn't have minded the smaller D200 - although the D200 with the grip isn't much smaller.
                    True. I took a look at the D2X that our communications department has and it seems rather large (though the AF is amazingly fast). The portability of the camera is important to me because I generally take it anyplace that could be remotely interesting. The D2X seems to big and heavy for me to take it around like that. Plus the D200 is cheaper .

Comment

• Cheaper, yes; but many end up getting the grip so you can shoot vertically and then you have about the same size as the D2X. The size is a positive and a negative, so it comes down to person preferences.

http://www.extremefitness.com/galler...9/MDP_5590.jpg

Here's a reduced shot, keep in mind I am way back on the balcony taking these shots using the full zoom on a wide open 200mm at f2.8 here; I'm also using the High Speed Crop; the VR lens is amazing and you'd be hard pressed to get similiar results from the D200.

Comment

Cheaper, yes; but many end up getting the grip so you can shoot vertically and then you have about the same size as the D2X. The size is a positive and a negative, so it comes down to person preferences.

http://www.extremefitness.com/galler...9/MDP_5590.jpg

Here's a reduced shot, keep in mind I am way back on the balcony taking these shots using the full zoom on a wide open 200mm at f2.8 here; I'm also using the High Speed Crop; the VR lens is amazing and you'd be hard pressed to get similiar results from the D200.
                        Why would you be hard-pressed to get that shot on the D200?

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
                          [This discussion is split from a previous thread here - Kier]
                          OT, but what digital SLR do you have? I'm looking at the Nikon D70 because I want to get something SLR.
                          I got exactly that one, bought two years ago, fantastic in my opinion
                          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
                            I got exactly that one, bought two years ago, fantastic in my opinion
                            I'm actually an owner of a Canon 350D now. Definately fits the bill.
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• My love, Lisa.

Attached Files
                              Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                              Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• As many of you know, I'm recently back from my honeymoon (part 2, in my usual spot in the Maldives).

This time my camera got a lot of attention, probably because I was carrying around the 1D with the big white 70-200 f/2.8 and the 2x teleconverter most of the time.

Anyway, the long and the short of it was that a lot of people wanted copies of my pictures so I put up a page where people can view a selection, rather than email them to everyone. As a result, you can look too if you like...

http://kier.vbulletin.com/kuramathi/

Post back here if you want to make a comment.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X