No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any of the four mentioned cameras (sd400 - 550) on the Canon Switzerland homepage.
    What I do see are things like the IXUS 700 which looks similiar to the SD500. Anyone know if they're just named differently according to region, or if I'm looking at the wrong thing...
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Yes they are named 'IXUS' in Europe, though I don't know the exact model matches.

Comment

• Sd200 = Ixus 30
        Sd300 = Ixus 40
        Sd400 = Ixus 50
        Sd450 = Ixus 55
        Sd500 = Ixus 700
        Sd550 = Ixus 750

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/

Comment

• Thanks a lot.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• I apologize for any 56k viewers out there. One of my better stiches. Taken out my back door.

Counldn't pass this one up either. My second cousin during Christmas.

Thats it for now.

Edit: Few of myself with some level adjustments.

Last edited by tgillespie; Sun 25 Dec '05, 9:58pm.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• It's awesome to find this thread. I am one of the few in it, who actually run a Vbulletin based photography site, check it out: The Aquatic Photography Forum

Kiers, very nice stuff, and your bag from the early part of the thread is very nice, similar to mine (just more complete). I have 20d w/battery pack, STE2 Controller (for aquatic photography mostly), 100mm 2.8, 12-24 Tokina, 24-70L (best lens EVER), 70-200 Sigma (sharp as can be, i got lucky), plus a 420ex and a 580ex. Here are some recent samples of my stuff, aquatic and otherwise:

Comment

• Originally posted by apfparadise
                It's awesome to find this thread. I am one of the few in it, who actually run a Vbulletin based photography site, check it out: The Aquatic Photography Forum
                Very cool. African Cichlid right? Here's my aquatic photog skills. Tank is a 16 gallon bow, saltwater obviously.

http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/1273209/

Comment

• Not bad there, you will really benefit from APF if you give it some time. Here is a a couple of SW Reef photos for you to compare:

http://egfoto.com/gallery/Aquatic/Co...starfish02.jpg

http://egfoto.com/gallery/Aquatic/Co...re/coral02.jpg

You can check out my "sample" Aquatic Gallery at:
                  http://egfoto.com/gallery/Aquatic/

And the rest (not really updated) at :
                  http://egfoto.com

Comment

• Photography - good hobby

Hi,
                    I am new to this forum. I am really like photography. I have digital camera and like to take photos any new place I go. I would like to exchange good photo with members, or at least would like to see good photos posted in this forum.

Thanks,

Comment

• This thread is taking too long to browse...

You guys need to start using thumbnails instead of posting the full size images here
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• BugPhotography.net

For any of you insect and macro photography enthusiasts, please check out the latest Vbulletin community dedicated entirely to insect photography

Bugphotography.net

Free gallery for your photos (PhotoPost Pro) integrated with , of course, latest vb!

See ya there!

Comment

• Just got a 350D and am shooting with the kit lense, which is a 18-55mm without IS. A lot of shots, even with decent lighting are coming out a bit blury. Still decent images, but just a bit of blur. Just curious if I could get some opinions on the 17-85mm with IS. Is it worth the $450 price tag? Looking for something general purpose.

My next question is, what would be a decent tele lense for under $300. Also, what would be a decent portrait lense for under $300 as well. Will the 17-85mm give me a decent blur on the backgrounds, or is it to generalized?

Comment

• Here are some shots of my roomates new G35.

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
                                Just got a 350D and am shooting with the kit lense, which is a 18-55mm without IS. A lot of shots, even with decent lighting are coming out a bit blury. Still decent images, but just a bit of blur. Just curious if I could get some opinions on the 17-85mm with IS. Is it worth the $450 price tag? Looking for something general purpose.

My next question is, what would be a decent tele lense for under $300. Also, what would be a decent portrait lense for under $300 as well. Will the 17-85mm give me a decent blur on the backgrounds, or is it to generalized?
                                The 18-55mm kit lens may be a little soft at the edges but it won't be the cause of blurry images. Remember with 35mm photography you need to obey the 1/focal-length rule, ie: if you are shooting with a 200mm lens you need to have a shutter speed of 1/200 of a second or faster to be able to hand-hold the camera without shaking. A 50mm lens requires 1/50s and a 500mm lens requires 1/500s etc.

Regarding lens upgrades:
                                • Yes, the EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM really is that much better than the kit lens. Get one.
                                • I recommend that people go with the relatively new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM for excellent value for money. It's a lot of lens for not a serious dent in your wallet and the image quality is very good for a non-L lens.
                                • For portraits with a very blurry background (bokeh) you can't go wrong with the EF 50mm f/1.8 II. It costs less than $100 and is Canon's smallest and lightest lens. The quality is excellent and the aperture is so large that at with the aperture wide open at f/1.8 the depth of field is narrow enough that in a portrait focused on the eyes, the tip of the nose and the ears are blurry.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X