Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Photography Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well I've just got back from the Maldives again, so here's a few snaps. Nothing particularly high-brow, just nice pictures.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_3520.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	3667731
    Insecticide fogging at sundown

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_3902.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	3667732
    Heron take-off

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_4124.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	3667733
    Mystery jellyfish

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_4632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	3667734
    Another heron

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_5150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	3667735
    Sunlight through the palms at sunset

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_5209.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	3667736
    Sunset silhouette

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_5758.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	3667737
    Erm... another sunset

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_6498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	3667738
    Storm approaching

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_6545.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	3667739
    Sun reflected in tide pool

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_8084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	3667740
    Sunrise

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2_4674.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3667741
    Sharks at the shore
    Last edited by Kier; Thu 8 Dec '05, 8:34am.

    Comment


    • I take pictures too, full auto mode
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Nice pics, Freddie. The fairground (I assume?) pic works really nicely with the huge blur of lights behind.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kier
          Nice pics, Freddie. The fairground (I assume?) pic works really nicely with the huge blur of lights behind.
          Yes, fairground, though I did set the camera to night mode which increased the shutter length and I am actually holding the camera as far as way from myself as I can.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kier
            Well I've just got back from the Maldives again, so here's a few snaps. Nothing particularly high-brow, just nice pictures.
            Dare I ask how many pictures you took? I have it in mind that it is like this.

            Kier: This looks like a nice shot.
            Boxy: NO MORE PICTURES!

            Comment


            • For a while now I've been looking for a digital camera. I'm not looking for anything like what Kier or Vile has but I am looking for something somewhat nice. I also don't have a huge budget, around $300. I understand that's not a lot and won't get anything too fancy but it sure beats my Digitrex DSC-3000 that I have now. Any recommendations?

              Comment


              • I would recommend the Canon SD400/450/500/550

                You can get them for a nice price from dell.com if you use one of their many percentage codes on top of the coupons that you can buy for a few bucks on eBay. See the hot deal related forums for more information (fatwallet.com, etc).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Radon3k
                  For a while now I've been looking for a digital camera. I'm not looking for anything like what Kier or Vile has but I am looking for something somewhat nice. I also don't have a huge budget, around $300. I understand that's not a lot and won't get anything too fancy but it sure beats my Digitrex DSC-3000 that I have now. Any recommendations?
                  If you are looking for a good Point & Shoot, then I'd recommend what Freddie said...I sometimes still use my Canon S400 simply because it's so compact, and I can't always lug around the 20D. The newer models of the Canon series are even smaller and thinner than the older one I have..
                  Check this out:
                  http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd400/
                  http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd500/


                  Keep an eye out at deal sites like http://www.bensbargains.net/ since they usually post coupoon codes for cameras...You might be best of going into a place like Best Buy and physically look at the cameras, play around with them, then go online and get it. Dell actually has quite a few cameras on sale ATM, so I would take a look there.
                  Last edited by Vile; Thu 8 Dec '05, 12:42pm.
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                    Dare I ask how many pictures you took? I have it in mind that it is like this.

                    Kier: This looks like a nice shot.
                    Boxy: NO MORE PICTURES!
                    I took just under 5,000 pics this time around, but to put that into perspective, I can take 100 shots in just over 10 seconds when I'm firing off bursts at dolphins, bats and herons at 8.5 fps.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                      I would recommend the Canon SD400/450/500/550

                      You can get them for a nice price from dell.com if you use one of their many percentage codes on top of the coupons that you can buy for a few bucks on eBay. See the hot deal related forums for more information (fatwallet.com, etc).
                      I'd second that recommendation. Read the reviews at www.dpreview.com then look out for deals at Dell.

                      Comment


                      • just got into photography i have fuji s308 its ok....

                        Comment


                        • Thanks for the advice. I'll be looking more in depth at cameras after Christmas. The Canon SD550 from everything I can see looks to be pretty nice.

                          Comment


                          • FWIW I'm very pleased with my Panasonic DMC-FZ20.

                            I love the Leica lens with 12x optical zoom. It's only 5 megapixels though and I may upgrade to the Panasonic DMC-FZ30.

                            I'll post some pics when I have the time.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                            Steve Machol Photography


                            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                            Comment


                            • From my balcony.
                              Attached Files
                              I wrote ImpEx.

                              Blog | Me

                              Comment


                              • Oh, I forgot to post these a while back...

                                A red kite that flies around outside the office...
                                http://kier.vbulletin.com/1D2_3203_Montage.jpg

                                Some gulls that decided to pose for me...
                                http://kier.vbulletin.com/1D2_0572.jpg

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X