Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Arunan -- Actually, he can just transfer. He works for Sam's Club, and all he has to do is put in the transfer request, and they usually try and work the transfers into the club (there are at least 5 Sam's there in the Mt View area).

So no real job hunting, thankfully!

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Well Winter Haven isn't too bad, if you're willing to work up in Orlando - there are a number of ISPs/Hosting Companies up there (that's where I was offered work.

Tampa has a bit - but its a good hour and a half drive from here though (that's a heck of a commute to do twice a day). Unfortunately, my husband doesn't want to move up there (like we have money to move anyways right now lol). And wouldn't even consider moving to Miami

I think I would even have to drug and drag him in order to get him to move to Cali even (and forget about moving to any of the northern states again - originally from Michigan).

We'll see what happens with it...

Leave a comment:

• Ken Iovino
    replied
    Originally posted by Arunan
    Is it me, or does Sergey Brin sound a bit like Ray Romano.
    Sounds exacly like him! That was my first thought.

Rocker, I wish you the best luck. I've lived in Winter Haven, Florida for sometime, and the work there to find is close to impossible. Reason why I moved back to Miami.

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I know... that's what I find odd about the whole thing... or maybe they have someone anylizing the stupid handwriting to find out what you're "really like"

Its kinda creepy if they're using someone that anylizes handwriting...

Someone can be a great person... but their handwriting can come up with something different...

it would be bad if they're basing you being the "perfect" person on your handwriting.

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    But they haven't officially offered me a job, they just initiated the interview process. Heck, I've been officially offered jobs, and then they ended up giving it to someone else (My 50k/year job in Orlando at a major hosting company that shall remain nameless).

*shrug*

Someone just emailed me from Monster just now...

I'm not too sure about their selection process though...

Their email:
    Dear Tonya:

While searching the Monster database, we came across your resume. Your background is of interest to us.

A fast-growing, innovative communications solutions provider is currently seeking a Creative Designer/Web Developer for their St. Petersburg headquarters. The company develops, licenses, and delivers technology to address the expanding needs of the telecommunications market.

The Creative Designer/Web Developer will work directly with the account managers, product engineers, and channel partners to write, create, design, and produce multimedia projects that clearly position the company’s enhanced voice and messaging products and services. Assignments will range from print collateral and special events promotional materials, to Flash development and application level interface design. You should be able to bring both strong design and technical coding capabilities.

The ideal candidate should have a minimum of four years experience in creative design, as well as understanding of integrated communications, online, and offline design, corporate branding and pre-production methodologies. Experience should include positions with increasing responsibilities;
    strong conceptual and creative development ability, proficiency with standard suite of business, print and multimedia software including Microsoft Office, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flash MX, HTML and JavaScript. Candidate must also have ability to draw by hand.

The successful candidate will also have ability to work collaboratively and take direction. Must have exceptional presentation skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must be a highly organized, personable, motivated, and dedicated team player. Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage the creative process from start to finish.

Compensation: Starting Salary to $55,000 per year, PLUS Full Benefits

Location: St. Petersburg, FL. No relocation assistance is available.

While your background is of interest to us, to consider you for this position, you need to complete a simple 10-minute exercise. Please go to www.tjti.com or to our backup website: www.freetjti.com and click on FREE TEST.

After completing the exercise, please put your name, phone number and email address on each page and fax them, along with another copy of your RESUME, to 1-908-663-2563. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected], or use the Live-Chat Customer Support on either of our websites.

I look forward to your early response.
    Weird way to select ppl....

But unfortunately, I suck at Flash... :/

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Actually, its not conditional that I stay at home. If the job pays enough, I'd be more than happy to actually work outside the home (unfortuantely, here, in Sarasota, there are no real IT related jobs - so the only thing available, even with my experience only pays $9/hr - so its not worth working outside the home with 2 kids (that would've both been in daycare at the time).

If the job is right, and pays quite decently, I'll even move - but the pay would have to conincide with the cost of living in that area. I couldn't expect to live in the San Fran area on only $30k/year job. Unfortunately, getting payed $30k/year here and living, the pay in San Fran would have to be at least 60k/year - at least.

But I did note in the reply, that it would depend on where I was living though (on how much I would expect to be paid).

I could live in the Atlanta area, nicely, with getting paid $30-40k. Or even in the Dallas area with $30-40k (and then I would have the income of my husband as well - about $25k/year). So $30-40k + $25k (or more) - would equal between - $55-60k/year.

Granted a $50-60k/year job right off the bat is always welcome as well.

I'm sure they're more than welcome to give me more - if there are others getting paid $50 in my area, with my experience there, I'm sure they'll pay the same. A happy employee, is a good employee.

We'll see...

But I'm not going to get my heart set on it - I'm sure they'll say something like, "when you have more experience [with another company], get back with us..."

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    Originally posted by TruthElixirX
    Technically impossible since you said in the future vBulletin changes to names after whatever version.

@rockergrrl
    I looked in the the thread and coulsn't see what you thought you'd be doing at google?
    Long into the future - And since I know the future I know how to change it

Satan

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Reality
    replied
    Originally posted by rockergrrl
    I'm not arrogant (I'm just the opposite), and certainly don't lack knowledge (I know that one for sure). But if I was arrogant.. wouldn't you think I would've gave him a salary requirement of more than $30k? Usually people that are arrogant, put themselves higher than everyone else. I could've easily told them $50-60k, but I didn't.

But I'm not like most woman in the IT field. I've been working with computers for over 10 years now (making money from it - professionally). I didn't just decide to dip my hands into computers overnight.

I'm sure there are people here that can vouch for me. I know my stuff, and I know my stuff well.

If you call that arrogant... I dunno... Arrogance is not me - I'm very modest and humble (people can vouch for that as well). *shrug*
    $30,000 is a salary someone looking for a tech support job asks for. Most people want to know what you're worth; if you tell them $30k year, you aren't setting a good example for yourself....unless you're looking for a data entry positon but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    I'm a systems developer/integrator - it's a happy medium between being a SA and being a developer

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I'm not much of a software engineer. I've been too busy handling servers and what not, to even really get into it.... Granted it was a Engineering Recruiter that found my resume, but I doubt they would put me in anywhere in Engineering.

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I'm not exactly sure myself. I'll take whatever they throw at me (as long as I'm able to do it). They never said what they're looking for specifically.

All I know is there are TONS of openings all over the place, and a lot of them that I could do personally.

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    Originally posted by hellsatan
    Perhaps we could in years to come Arunan

We could join Google, and get them to absorb Jelsoft/vBulletin into their system as gBulletin (short for googleBulletin ) and then get them to employ all the current staff and cool members (sorry Onimua ) and then we could pwn in a massive new gBulletin facility with like massive online gaming sessions, where 50% of our working time is playing time

The abbreviation gBulletin and this idea is Copyright © 2005 Chris Murphy (hellsatan) - Anyone stealing this idea will be subject to extreme torture and sueing

Satan
    Technically impossible since you said in the future vBulletin changes to names after whatever version.

@rockergrrl
    I looked in the the thread and coulsn't see what you thought you'd be doing at google?

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I recommend everyone for a position at Google (if I get it), get hired and stay for 60 days, and I'll split the $2k bonus with each and everyone of you (I'm really not saying that - if you happen to get a job because of me, you'll get your share ).

I know, I probably undershot the salary thing too - but I did say at least $30k, more or less telling them that I wont work for anything below $30k. And I did put in perentacies that it would all depend on where it was located though too - and added cost of living, etc.

But who knows... I'll discuss that with the HR guy next week.

Leave a comment:

• Kathy
    replied
    Awesome! What a great opportunity!

BTW, I think you undershot the salary too. My daughter's first job out of college paid more than that.

I'd expect for someone with your experience that the salary would be closer to 50K.

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    Perhaps we could in years to come Arunan

We could join Google, and get them to absorb Jelsoft/vBulletin into their system as gBulletin (short for googleBulletin ) and then get them to employ all the current staff and cool members (sorry Onimua ) and then we could pwn in a massive new gBulletin facility with like massive online gaming sessions, where 50% of our working time is playing time

The abbreviation gBulletin and this idea is Copyright © 2005 Chris Murphy (hellsatan) - Anyone stealing this idea will be subject to extreme torture and sueing

Satan

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X