Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techguy1
    replied
    Excellent, congrats! Try to up the salary a bit.

As for logical.angel, as a hiring manager it's your fiduciary responsibility to hire in best interests of the company - and usually if one remembers that, one hires based on benefit to the company Just a thought...

Leave a comment:

• Mavike
    replied
    I really hope you get the job Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    The phone rang just seconds after I hit the submit button...

It was Google. An assistant from one of the guys in the HR department (didn't catch his name), called to setup an phone interview for next week - Thursday.

So no, I don't think they forgot about me...

Leave a comment:

• Mavike
    replied
    Good Luck to you

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I'm not arrogant (I'm just the opposite), and certainly don't lack knowledge (I know that one for sure). But if I was arrogant.. wouldn't you think I would've gave him a salary requirement of more than $30k? Usually people that are arrogant, put themselves higher than everyone else. I could've easily told them $50-60k, but I didn't.

But I'm not like most woman in the IT field. I've been working with computers for over 10 years now (making money from it - professionally). I didn't just decide to dip my hands into computers overnight.

I'm sure there are people here that can vouch for me. I know my stuff, and I know my stuff well.

If you call that arrogant... I dunno... Arrogance is not me - I'm very modest and humble (people can vouch for that as well). *shrug*

Leave a comment:

• logical.angel
    replied
    Originally posted by rockergrrl
    LOL

Actually I called him this afternoon. He sent my resume to the "higher ups" for review. That could take a week or longer.

First will be a phone interview (to make sure I'm competant enough), maybe a second phone interview, and if all goes well. They book a trip for me to come out there (wherever they decide it would be) at there cost (woohoo!).
    lol, you are sure that they haven't forgotten you? Because in my office, that's what i tell to those who have applied for a job, I tell them that your application is being processed by the big boss etc.. But frankly I don't know even one woman who was able to get a job when their application came in my hand ... (I am a bit of a macho, and I feel that women are arrogant and lack knowledge)... so hope that your recruiter isn't like me

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    LOL

Actually I called him this afternoon. He sent my resume to the "higher ups" for review. That could take a week or longer.

First will be a phone interview (to make sure I'm competant enough), maybe a second phone interview, and if all goes well. They book a trip for me to come out there (wherever they decide it would be) at there cost (woohoo!).

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    lol, at least he gave you an update

Keep us updated on what happens

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    This nothing yet, except that he recieved my resume :/

oy

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Yeah... my luck...

Considering I was going to get paid $50k/year using a IT Manager at a hosting company in Orlando.

Then again, right now $30k/year, would greatly benefit my family (sadly the difference of what $6k more can actually take care of).

I haven't had a job outside of the home in years (a good 6-7), I don't even know what stuff (that I'm knowledgable) would go for. I've been away for too long

(I'm looking at salary.com right now - they have cost of living/salary calculators)
    Last edited by rockergrrl; Sun 24 Jul '05, 5:49pm.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by Techguy1
    I do believe you undersold big time - may not even hear back from them, because of undervalue.

But do keep us informed... All the best to you!
    Same here! Try to find a salary calculator for your area of expertise and location. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Techguy1
    replied
    I do believe you undersold big time - may not even hear back from them, because of undervalue.

But do keep us informed... All the best to you!

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by rockergrrl
    A lot of the positions on their position lists don't even require a bachelors degree.

A lot of companies will actually consider real world work experience enough for them to look over someone not having a bachelor's degree.
    Don't forget to keep us updated of this experience

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    A lot of the positions on their position lists don't even require a bachelors degree.

A lot of companies will actually consider real world work experience enough for them to look over someone not having a bachelor's degree.

Leave a comment:

• James Kojiro
    replied
    I once thought about going to Google. Then I scratched that fault due to the fact that I don't have a bachelors degree.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X