I finally got a vBulletin Owned License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got a vBulletin Owned License

And now comes the hard part. The genesis of a new online community.

But before doing that I have some quick questions.

Let me put this plain simple. I have 0 knowledge regarding PHP, MySQL and Apache (and vBulletin for that matter).

Obviously I need to read the entire manual, but is it enough to put my forum online, or do I need to have some basic computer knowledge regarding PHP, Apache and MySQL before reading the manual?
    And if so, can you recommed any books?
    (Please don´t recommend PHP tutorials, they aren´t the best thing for beginners.)

This is kinda embarassing since I am a computer science student...(but this is my first year on college) and I didn´t learn anything useful because of the several only-math classes. Too much math, almost no programming...

I only learned a little bit of C language and that´s it.

So...I know many people out there has (or had) the same problem. What did you do?
    Did you first start studying (PHP, Apache and MySQL) from books and/or online tutorials or was the vBulletin manual enough to put your board online?

Thanks in advance.

P.S: This is kinda off-topic, but you guys on the support department, answer to those support tickets really lightning fast!

Congrats on your new vB! Enjoy...
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Time to start reading those sticky threads And the online manual! And welcome to our community.

Comment

Hi Pri]M[al

Welcome to the vB community!

To put your mind at rest, I had no knowledge of php, mySQL or Apache when I first purchased vB. In fact the only knowledge of vB I had was from using it on other sites as a normal member.

All you need to be able to do is set you config file correctky then it is just a case of running a normal install wizard like you get with any other programs and you are off. It is very user freindly and if you have any problems you can just ask and someone will be more than happy to help.

I've gotta go coz my tea is ready but I'll chat more later.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Allrighty I´m gonna start reading the vBulletin Bible.

Just one more thing, do you know how many pages the manual has?
          I´m gonna print it, but it seems it has more than 100 pages. True or False?

It will be great to read it when I´m on the WC.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X