I need a PHP Programmer - You can get 1 to 2 MILLION + banner impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a PHP Programmer - You can get 1 to 2 MILLION + banner impressions

Hi, I am looking for somebody to program me a PHP/mySQL script to manage my site. I should be able to add articles, reviews and any other content etc.

Features I want:

You should be able to add thse from the online administration area:

- Update the templates
    - Add/Remove new pages
    - Add/Remove Categories
    - Add/Remove SUB categories
    - Update Site template
    - Approve user submitted articles
    - Add authors (display a list of all articles written by that author)
    - Add sites (display a list of all articles written by that site)

Thing that users should be able to do/see:

- They should have something named MyArticles...so they can pick articles
    that they like and put
    them in there, like a bookmark list. They should also be able to delete
    their bookmarks too.
    - Search by Topic, Web site, or Author
    - They should be able to submit an article, and the admin should approve
    it.
    - They should be able to rate the articles
    - List how many people viewed the articles.
    - List how many people rated the articles.
    - Should be able to choose how many article listings per page...et. 10,
    15, 20, 25, 50, 100

New Features I thought of:

- Have the <title>-------</title> tags the same as the article title.
    - Admin should be able to modify/delete article.
    - Page for the best X rated articles (not X ratings, like a movie LOL)
    - A "Print this article" feature
    - A "E-Mail this article" feature
    - Table of contents of the article if more then one page (like the drop down menu on SitePoint.com on each article page.

Hurry! This is a great offer and won't last soon. Please post here if you have any questions at all. If you can get the scripts done in 3-5 days, you WILL have the job as long as you contact me first. If it takes longer, post anyway, we may be able to work it out!

Best Regards,
    Matt Kaufman

[Edited by webdevhq on 06-25-2000 at 08:56 PM]

Back-End

Features
    The administrator has the ability to:

Add/Edit/Delete Users (Normal User or Banner User)
    Add/Edit/Delete Banners
    Add/Edit/Delete News
    Add/Edit/Delete Links
    Add/Edit/Delete All Articles
    Add/Edit/Delete Article Sections (new Article Pages)
    [Physically] Create a new article page by pushing a button.
    Add/Edit/Delete Link Categories

A normal User has the ability to:

Add/Edit/Delete their Articles
    (which they get credited for)

A Banner user has the ability to:

View their banner statisitics
    http://back-end.org

Comment

Re: PHP Programmer - Get 1 to 2 MILLION advertising impressions!!!

Originally posted by webdevhq
      If you can get the scripts done in 3-5 days, you WILL have the job as long as you contact me first.
      I know I'm new at PHP/MySQL, but, it seems to me that if you can get all of this done in 3-5 days (without bugs) you should also be able to walk on water...am I missing something?

Comment

How about a week

Does a week sound better? I really don't know...

Comment

Hi Matt

I was writing something like you want some time back to enable me to maintain 4/5 sites that were taking me every spare moment I had just to keep fresh.

I gave up because the task became too huge to juggle my time with a 'proper' job, however the code still exists and has been resurected in a much watered down form by the recent release of back-end.org

It's not all that (only been out 3 weeks) and I don't think that it is what you want, however what you require is exactly what back-end _will_ become over the next 6-12 months.

Anyway, speil over, in my professional capacity (php developer by day) what you require is weeks of work, not days...full stop
          Kludges and fudges might help, but it sounds like you need a full-on CMS, esp if your claims of hits is true :|

Contact me on or offlist if you think I might be able to help

Regards

Darren Beale
          [email protected]

Comment

Messin around with Back-End

Bealers - Back-End looks promising... I'd like to hook up with you when you get back to working on the project.

We use DBMan to run flat file news DB's for our site. With 6000 records we've outgrown them (Perl - heavy resource) and have been looking for a PHP/SQL replacement. Back-End has promise, but I don't want to spend much time on it if you won't be available to help.

If I could get backed to do what we can do with our DBMan flat file DB without too much hassle that would be sweet.

Here is an example of how our current system works. The first link is for Admin functions only, the second link is what the visitor interacts with.

http://www.makeitsimple.com/cgi-bin/...nions/opin.cgi

Opinion's Demo DB

These links are to a demo DB that is not part of our site, if anyone wants to play with the Admin side feel free.

Login: demo
            Password: demo

I spent an evening playing with Back-End and here's what I have so far.

http://www.mis-forums.com/index.php

I haven't had time to remove the frames layout for the admin side of Back-End. Bealers, I'd really like to see admin totally separate from the front end. The two intertwined together makes controlling the layout much harder. Just a thought.

Anyone else that has PHP/SQL experience that's interested in working together... jump on in. Maybe if we get a group together we could all work on different parts of this and make a killer site manager. Back-End sure looks like a good place to start.

OR maybe a hacked vB in combination with Back-End?

The mind never stops!

Cheers!
            Larry "NgtCrwlr" Mingus
            MakeItSimple.com | MIS-Forums.com - Building a Digital Photography Community

Comment

Mr Crwlr (Larry?) Hi

>>Bealers - Back-End looks promising... I'd like to hook up with you when you get back to working on the project.

Man, jump aboard

I had a look @ your admin interface and it looks pretty cool, having no experience with DB man, I can't tell if you've modified it in anyway, but I think I'm right in assuming that it allows you to add some news articles?

>>I'd really like to see admin totally separate from the front end. The two intertwined together makes controlling the layout much harder. Just a thought.

I'm working on this today, I'm gonna get shot of the frames and create new html headers/footers for admin, I agree it's an arse having the front/back-end's both using the same html_header()

>> Back-End has promise, but I don't want to spend much time on it if you won't be available to help.

Thanks, well I work during the day and I also have some other projects) but Back-end is my baby and there is no way that I won't be developing it for the foreseeable. As I mentioned in a earlier post, I've tons of code that I want to integrate into Back-end, but for the immediate term I want to get people using it and giving feedback (like you are) to make the 'simple' version useful..Then we'll have a firm foundation to work off...otherwise I'll just be adding bits that I assume are useful rather than what other webmasters _actually_ want..dig?

So, answering your question, I'm always going to be available to 'help' but I would much rather it was a team effort so that the growing back-end community (550 downloads it the month since launch) get to see the improvements and different people are not rushing off and doing their own thing and we then have to come back and make a releasable version.

Formalising this, why don't you contact me (via our mailing list?) with a list of things that you see need changing to the app and then I can respond with the list of things that I plan todo in the short term (this will also help me put the TODO up on the site as I keep meaning to

We can then maybe move forward on this together and bring a few people along for the ride?

let me know what you think

cheers

Comment

I&#039;m on my way to the e-mail list

Sounds like a plan to me. I am devoting almost all of my time to making our site as much as possible dynamic PHP/SQL. So this sounds great to me.

Our DBMan is very hacked... I spent *way* to much time on it. It's really nice, but being Perl and flat file based I ran into too many road blocks in using it for articles and reviews. It has worked well for our hardware/tech headline DB which has no text just links and categories. This kept the flat file DB manageable, however, once we went over 5000 records it started to fall apart at the seams.

I think in the beginning it would be a good idea to focus on making Back-End work well as a site news manager. I have seen countless posts from people (myself included) looking for a good PHP/SQL solution for updating site news into a searchable DB. I'm thinking of Back-End modules like news, articles/reviews, static content generator, etc. A lot of the work that would go into the news module should be re-usable in the other modules. I would think this to be a much easier task to handle than trying to get Back-End to do it all from the get go.

Ahhhh I'll quite rambling and head off to the e-mail list.

This sounds like a fun project, I *hate* working alone
                Larry "NgtCrwlr" Mingus
                MakeItSimple.com | MIS-Forums.com - Building a Digital Photography Community

Comment

Just thought I&#039;d chime in

I just picked up Back-End a few days ago, but it kicks ass. It fit the latest site I'm working on _perfectly_, and I'm thrilled it was just made available.

However, I'm simply using the admin section, and doing all my own php/mysql for the user end...

The sample frontend code seems to crowded and integrated for me to make much use of...

Comment