This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diretur,

I just sent you a PM. Thanks. Also we do provide a useragent.

Best,

Scott

Comment

answered PM

Comment

Anybody there? You told me you deleted my site but this is not true.
        Which is the user-agent of boardreader.com?

Comment

I stopped the crawler on your site a few days ago. It is in the system for deletion and as soon as Monday your data will be removed. It takes a little time for the index to do this, but it will be done. Happy holidays.

Comment

What exactly is the user-agent spurdon, and where can I find details on this on your site? I spent 10minutes trying to find it
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

spider.boardreader.com (shows you all that info). This is in our useragent.

Best,

Scott

Comment

All,

I can't believe this thread has been bumped after 2 years.

I have had no recurring problems with boardreader and would encourage anyone with issues to work with Scott on them. While I did have issues in the past, once Scott fixed them, they were fixed. Contact him with your concerns and be patient -- he will take care of you.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
                L'chaim

Comment

Thanks Christine for the nice words! Have a great holiday.

Cheers,

Scott

Comment

spider.boardreader.com times out for me Scott
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

That is strange. Let me look into that and get back to you.

Best,

Scott

Comment

I have now found content from my site on boardreader.com again today, after twice before during the last two years, asking them to delete my urls from their system. They delete, but apparently sneak around and start up again when you don't check for a while. My site is a private site, and it is a women's post-abortion support site - this is a VERY private and VERY sensitive issue. How is Boardreader.com stealing my data, when I have all spiders blocked anyway? You can't see my board unless you are a logged in, email activated, registered member? So how are they doing it? Registering a username this is somehow a bot? I wrote to the site, but in the meantime I will try the code Mr. Nase put in this thread earlier. I am personally very uspet, since twice before in the last two years I have had to contact them to remove my content, and yet it keeps showing up again.
                        I suggest anyone who runs a board with either private content, or content they don't want stolen and redistributed without their consent do a search on boardreader for their stuff again.

Comment

Jill,

Again, I've posted this on your other messages and responded to your email tonight, but I checked your site and we have it removed for over a year ago. Not sure how this is possible to see this on Boardreader.com but if you do please advise. I'm not seeing it in our DB.

Best,
                          Scott

Comment

Please don't use this site to discuss your disputes. BR is not our service, please contact BR staff directly through their own site. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X