Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new TFT

Preferrably 19 inch, but I can deal with a 17 inch one

Basically, as long as it is not a DVI monitor, and it comes in the colour black, I'm open to suggestions

I'm currently pondering between an LG and an Acer, the Acer only because of previous experience...

Problem is it is Silver

I want a black monitor, black keyboard, mouse and speakers - I've decided to try and imitate Dell

Anyway - I'm looking to get a larger resolution, and use both my current 15 inch and the new one, like I said, preferrably 19 inch

Any suggestions?

Oh - And I have a price range - No more than 250

Thats, er, no more than $439.36 USD, 363.45, $532.08 CAD, $585.16 AUS...

So any ideas?

Satan

http://planar.com/Environments/Busin...4_7633_943.cfm
    http://planar.com/Environments/Home/..._313_11831.cfm
    Last edited by ManagerJosh; Thu 14th Jul '05, 4:34pm.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If I didn't have just one dead pixel in my Samsung 930B, I'd highly recommend it.. because other than that 1 pixel, its awesome.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Go with anything from dell

Comment

The second is DVI

Besides, I live in the UK - I need a company that will deliver to here

Satan

Comment

Both Planars I showed you support DVI . I don't know about any UK Planar sellers...that you'll need to find.

Of course, I could buy it and ship it to ya
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I don't want a DVI

I cannot use it

But thanks for trying

Satan

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                Both Planars I showed you support DVI . I don't know about any UK Planar sellers...that you'll need to find.

Of course, I could buy it and ship it to ya
                it is not a DVI monitor

Comment

Who put sugar in Zachery's drinks again?

Satan

Comment

Check our aria.co.uk they have some good deals on dell TFT. £135 for 17",
                    http://www.aria.co.uk/specials.asp
                    If you can push it, £350 for the 20" widescreen is a very good deal for the UK.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk
                    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

The 17" dell is not DVI. Although not sure why it would be a problem, you can get a convertor very cheap.
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk
                      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by hellsatan
                        Preferrably 19 inch, but I can deal with a 17 inch one

Basically, as long as it is not a DVI monitor, and it comes in the colour black, I'm open to suggestions

I'm currently pondering between an LG and an Acer, the Acer only because of previous experience...

Problem is it is Silver

I want a black monitor, black keyboard, mouse and speakers - I've decided to try and imitate Dell

Anyway - I'm looking to get a larger resolution, and use both my current 15 inch and the new one, like I said, preferrably 19 inch

Any suggestions?

Oh - And I have a price range - No more than £250

Thats, er, no more than $439.36 USD, €363.45, $532.08 CAD, $585.16 AUS...

So any ideas?

Satan
                        I very strongly recommend getting DVI. If you put VGA and DVI side-by-side (and I frequently do with my setup), VGA looks like total ghosted blurry crap compared to crisp clear DVI. Even if you don't have DVI, get it anyway for future use.

At last check, after publicly available coupons, the Dell 1704FPT digital (DVI) LCD was $200.

edit: if you're thinking that a DVI monitor doesn't have a VGA connector, most do. Higher-end monitors usually have analog video connections and goodies like HDMI too.
                        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                          Check our aria.co.uk they have some good deals on dell TFT. 135 for 17",
                          http://www.aria.co.uk/specials.asp
                          If you can push it, 350 for the 20" widescreen is a very good deal for the UK.
                          Wow

There are two nice Monitors there

1704FPV SX Stand Midnight Grey Dell Monitor and the Neovo 17" F417 Black TFT 12ms Monitor

The Dell Monitor does have support for a VGA and a DVI connection

Satan

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            it is not a DVI monitor
                            *raises eyebrow*

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                              I very strongly recommend getting DVI. If you put VGA and DVI side-by-side (and I frequently do with my setup), VGA looks like total ghosted blurry crap compared to crisp clear DVI. Even if you don't have DVI, get it anyway for future use.

At last check, after publicly available coupons, the Dell 1704FPT digital (DVI) LCD was $200.

edit: if you're thinking that a DVI monitor doesn't have a VGA connector, most do. Higher-end monitors usually have analog video connections and goodies like HDMI too.
                              Hrm - I spoke to my dad and he recommended not getting a DVI monitor because my graphics card doesn't support it...

Upon looking on ATI's website however, it does mention a DVI connector in one of the basic Radeon 9600 Series

Mine is top of the range in the 9600 Series

Satan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X