Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies / Sessions and SEO

Hello People,

I have been trying to understand how VB works with regard to session and cookies and stuff, and I just wanted to make sure I got it roughly right - as I am trying to use the VB user database as an access database for over 200 domains I have. I like the way VB works and wanted to get as close to it as possible.

Here goes - hope this is close to how it works.
    • An HTTP request is made to VB.
    • VB checks the USER_AGENT to see if it is search engine (googlebot / Slurp) etc etc.
    • VB checks to see if the IDHASH is in the session table
    • Add the IDHASH - CREATE SESSION HASH to session table
    • if USER_AGENT is SE the bypass flag is set in the session table (dont fully understand this bit)
    • Tests for cookie support in the browser
    • if cookies are enabled stuffs the sessionhash in the cookie
    • if cookies are not enabled the URL get stuffed with the S varable
    • if session now attempts to login the USERID and PASSWORD is checked and stuffed into the cookie
    • if the user has not logged via cookie the loggedin in the DB is set to 1
    Basicly I am trying to acheive the same thing as VB but I dont want to stuff the URL with the sessionID or S varable if the browser is a SE, as this will mess up google

Any input would be welcome

Graham

session hash in forum url

i am also facing the same problem very first time all the forums are getting appended with session hash like
    though i have enabled my accept cookies from sites on in my browser. very badly i need the solution for this i dont want to maintain session id which will create problem with search engine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X