Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Stick Questions

Hi

I'm looking to buy a USB Stick and wanted to see if anyone can give me some tips/things to look out for/recommendations.

I want to use it for the following:
    • Portable FireFox/Thunderbird, Trillian as well as some other programs (if possible)
    • Possibly install a webserver so that I can play around on localhost wherever I am
    • Possible use as Security Token to log into Windows (only at one place probably)

Because I want to install Thunderbird I expect to need something around the size of 512/1024 Mb.

Additional question: Does Thunderbird allow something like Outlooks Archive, allowing me to store older emails in a seperate datafile, which I wouldn't have to keep on the Stick?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Colin F; Tue 12 Jul '05, 6:50am.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

I reccomend the Sandisk Cruzer Titanium in 512 MB and 1 GB. They were rated the best according to some benchmarks that Ars did and some other site I can't remember. I have a 512 MB one and I love it. Its massively fast and looks great too. The USB plug retracts for when you put it away.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
    http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

USB sticks are so common to find, a generic brand would suffice as well. No need to invest into a brand name. I have a bunch of generic sticks I got for free and they work perfectly
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        USB sticks are so common to find, a generic brand would suffice as well. No need to invest into a brand name. I have a bunch of generic sticks I got for free and they work perfectly
        And if you are going for a brand name, what better brand than Apple?

If you want more space, AND a music player with a screen, get a cheap iPod Mini.
        Or if you just want a cheap memory stick that happens to play music, get an iPod Shuffle 1GB.

Or see this: http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/11...8,69065,.shtml
        Memorex 1GB for $65
        :)

Comment

No, I'm happy with my Zen. I want something small that I can always have along.

Also, thanks for the link, but I live in Switzerland, so it's generally not worth it to order from abroad.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I've had 2 Sandisk Cruzer' completely die on me, with normal usage so I switched to Lexar (512MB and 1GB) and it has been working fine, and much better than the Sandisk products.
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X