Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London bombings and undergound explosions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Hope our Jelsoft UK Counterparts are all okay. Same for our competitors at IPS.
    As far as I know nobody from the staff lives in London, but surely know people there.

Comment

Found this image of an possible open letter by a terrorist on a news site:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0,1020,490370,00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	3666896

This looks like a vBulletin, doesn't it!?
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
        Found this on a news site:

[ATTACH]15133[/ATTACH]

Just the quote button, apparently... which site did that come from?
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

This one: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...364121,00.html
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
            Found this image of an possible open letter by a terrorist on a news site:

[ATTACH]15133[/ATTACH]

This is common, most of the time they do run on vB for some reason. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean they paid for their copy (I doubt Jelsoft would allow anyone to use their software for such things)

Comment

I hope everyone is safe.
              Took me two hours to go to the office this morning. I still can't reach some friends.

Comment

Has allt he staff checked in yet?!
                Shane
                CIO, FrakMedia.net
                Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  As far as I know nobody from the staff lives in London, but surely know people there.
                  Isn't Kier in Reading?

There'll be a knock-on effect for public transport and suchlike down that way, I would imagine as Reading holds one of the main stations for changing trains to get to London.

We're getting a knock on effect where I am - and that's the midlands (derbyshire). I'm glad I don't live in London anymore - moved from Heathrow a few months ago.
                  I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
                  Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
                  sigpic

Comment

Yesterday in India and now in London, it makes me so sad... thats so terrible... What are they gonna achieve doing such sinful acts... Allah (PBUH) must be crying his heart out for what some of His (pbuh) followers are doing in His (pbuh) name... May God have mercy on suffering souls. You all there, please take care...
                    Last edited by Neutral Singh; Thu 7 Jul '05, 9:59pm.

Comment

Well i'm in Newcastle at the moment, though I was meant to be down in London next Thursday to see Susan. I think she's ok since she should have been at work already.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                        Well i'm in Newcastle at the moment, though I was meant to be down in London next Thursday to see Susan. I think she's ok since she should have been at work already.
                        Unless she drives, she could well see herself stranded. Spoke to a friend a little while ago, she said it's chaos in London - people who drove to work trying to get out before rush hour tonight.
                        sigpic

Comment

I forgot to book my plan tickets.. otherwise I would have arrived at London yesterday
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by AzhriaLilu
                            Unless she drives, she could well see herself stranded. Spoke to a friend a little while ago, she said it's chaos in London - people who drove to work trying to get out before rush hour tonight.
                            Oh she walks to work and she's fine, got an email from her and apparently all the mobile phone networks are down in the London area.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                              Oh she walks to work and she's fine, got an email from her and apparently all the mobile phone networks are down in the London area.
                              Yeah reports confirm that the networks have limited general use calls to keep the lines free for emergency calls.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yep - No mobiles, no transport...

One of my Mum's friends is in London today, and we have heard no news from her at all - We don't know if she's alive or dead, safe or hurt or what...

My cousin was meant to be going to london today as well - He took the train from Wellingborough to Kings Cross, but luckily he stopped in Luton at about 8:30 to collect some things from his work - On his way back to the station he was told about the explosions, so now he is back at work watching the news... He would have almost certainly been involved in the explosion area had he not forgotten some things he needed, and it's likely that the very people he may have been sitting next to on the train this morning were...

Alot of my close family lives in London, and we have heard nothing from any of them

I'm quite worried

Chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X