Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Logo?

Hello!

I'm re-designing a logo for my website and would like to know which of these two people prefer (attached). Got a poll going!

btw the website is: www.point101.com

Thanks v. much,

Kerry
    Attached Files
    Logo 1
    12.50%
    Logo 2
    87.50%

The poll is expired.

Stylish-wise, logo 1 is better. But I am not sure how many will get it at first glance. I voted for logo 2.

Comment

In all honesty, I'd have to say neither. A logo should be easy to remember and simple, and neither of those do it for me

(If I had to choose... I'd say #1)
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by tucklis
        Hello!

I'm re-designing a logo for my website and would like to know which of these two people prefer (attached). Got a poll going!

btw the website is: www.point101.com

Thanks v. much,

Kerry
        Between the two, I'd say #1 as well.
        :)

Comment

ok made a few changes to logo 2 - tell me if you like this any better?

(attached)
          Attached Files

Comment

ok made a few changes to logo 2 - tell me if you like this any better?

(attached)
            If your site was "O Point" or "Point 0", #2 would be suitable. The two 1's get lost in that logo, since there's not much to differentiate them.

If you removed the serifs from the first logo (on the two 1's, effectively turning them into rectangles), I think that'll be more effective than your #2.

Comment

Hmm, know what you mean but dunno I'm quite liking this new one - I
              don't think a logo necessarily has to be instantly readable - many are
              just abstract shapes.

Comment

Hmm, know what you mean but dunno I'm quite liking this new one - I
                don't think a logo necessarily has to be instantly readable - many are
                just abstract shapes.
                Not necessarily instantly readable, but rather instantly identifiable with your company.

The point is to associate your company with an image, and make that association strong enough so that the first thing somebody thinks about when they see that logo is your company.

Think of the logos for Starbucks. What do you think of when you see that on a billboard or a coffee cup? A green lady holding a crown? Nope. You think: "Starbucks" and "coffee" and "venti orange mocha frappaccino".

Comment

I think that number two fits your site better and I think it's more interesting to look at visually.
                  Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                    Not necessarily instantly readable, but rather instantly identifiable with your company.

The point is to associate your company with an image, and make that association strong enough so that the first thing somebody thinks about when they see that logo is your company.

Think of the logos for Starbucks. What do you think of when you see that on a billboard or a coffee cup? A green lady holding a crown? Nope. You think: "Starbucks" and "coffee" and "venti orange mocha frappaccino".
                    Yeah I know, just starting to realise this - my excuse is I've had no formal design training!

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                      I think of idiots who buy coffee so expensive that they go into massive credit card debt to afford it !!! Bwahahaha !!!

You know, here in the US, the best coffee last year was voted to be Dunkin' Donuts, can you believe that? They beat Starbucks.

79 cents VS 7.99 a cup

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
                        I think of idiots who buy coffee so expensive that they go into massive credit card debt to afford it !!! Bwahahaha !!!

You know, here in the US, the best coffee last year was voted to be Dunkin' Donuts, can you believe that? They beat Starbucks.

79 cents VS 7.99 a cup
                        Starbucks is about $5 for a venti. Nowhere near the $8 you're talking about.

I go there when I'm especially tired in the mornings, or as a simple reward for making it through an especially hectic week.

Comment

aye i like logo 2.. the style is.. sweeeeeeeeeeet!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X