AOL Explorer Beta = Happiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL Explorer Beta = Happiness

So much good stuff is going on with this browser, too much to mension, even the design of the window to fit in all new features is great.

tab browsing is just one of the many great things. Visual mouse over previews are neat too.

more info:

http://beta.aol.com/

EDIT

Better pictures added.
    'Happyness' changed to Happiness (mybad)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by allstar89; Wed 6 Jul '05, 6:47am.

Can you get a better screenshot? Looks a bit crammed and I can't see it clearly... =/
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
      Can you get a better screenshot? Looks a bit crammed and I can't see it clearly... =/
      Yes, I can hardly see anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
        It is just a re-branded version of Internet Explorer with an AOL theme...
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Not bad, but it's still AOL . I wonder if it will display things better than IE.
          Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

I'm digging the tab previews. But there's not much else I would want in my browser, though.

The last thing I want is a browser with a "cool" skin. Being the deskmod person that I am, I completely enjoy FireFox's awesome UI customization features.

Currently, I've got FireFox to look and behave just like Safari (except for rendering, of course).

EDIT: Isn't this at all weird, considering that AOL owns Netscape, which just recently released a new version of its browser? With both IE and FireFox rendering support (albeit buggy)?
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel

Currently, I've got FireFox to look and behave just like Safari (except for rendering, of course).
              Screen of your desktop and Firefox please
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                EDIT: Isn't this at all weird, considering that AOL owns Netscape, which just recently released a new version of its browser? With both IE and FireFox rendering support (albeit buggy)?
                They are under an exclusive contract to use only Internet Explorer rendering on products carrying the AOL brand name. Cost Microsoft something like $750 million dollars.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I honestly shocked that people still use AOHell.

And DP, I've always found it a stunning endoresement of Nutscrape that AOHell bought it and still decided to stick with Internet Exploder.
                  Webmaster:
                  @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                    I honestly shocked that people still use AOHell.

And DP, I've always found it a stunning endoresement of Nutscrape that AOHell bought it and still decided to stick with Internet Exploder.
                    Heh, Jelsoft employee making fun of companies in a childish tone: Priceless

You do have to realize that AOL is a huge machine, and the n00bs out there are still using it and more people are still signing up daily. Heck, my cousins still use AOL, despite my cries to use something else.

MGM out

Comment

I just thought I'd point out that "happiness" is spelled wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        It is just a re-branded version of Internet Explorer with an AOL theme...
                        Not completely a rebranded IE. AOL introduced a few of their own nifty items in there. (ie tabs, tabs previews).

The engine core is definitely IE, but the interface is truely AOL.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Better pics added folks

Sorry for the bad grammar

Comment

it appears to be a significant step forward for IE and what IE should be now.

me goes to download a tab preview for FF

Comment

Tab preview is not very good, Sabe.

The reason I say this is because it doesn't actually give you real time previews, if you get a preview at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X