This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sebe
    no, just the countries that get in the way.. america doesnt support terrorism.
    That's not strictly true is it?
    http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

Originally posted by patriotcow
      Thats just stupid, thats how the terrorists think to. Get rid of the US then there won't be hassle but your saying it about them so its all the same. The best would be nuke the world then there would be no squabbling

How about you let each country do their own stuff in their own country. No need to go in and get people that blow up china when there not blowing up the USA.
      thats the problem.... the terrorists come from OTHER countries so someone has to go after them..

"How about you let each country do their own stuff in their own country"

if that was the case we'd still be in WWI/II if the usa hasn't ended it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave#
        Desecration of the Koran is widely documented in the UK.
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4551149.stm
        :)

Comment

With regards to "Third world country", no I didn't mean that. It was a mistake from rushing my post. I was trying to form a point that other countries in the third world of lesser GPD see that the US doesn't abide by laws. So why should country X. The US doesn't set a good example when it comes to abiding International Laws. Considering the circumstances, the US should set the standard, and exceed it when it comes to freedom and rights. It shouldn't just barely cover some of the rights that all humans on this planet are entitled too.

I'll post a link to Amnesty International and their opinion of the Guantanamo bay situation. Is this proof that Human Rights are being erroded?

The Goverment provides the structure and foundation for law and justice to take place. Congress creates laws/policy. The FBI/CIA/Police find people who they suspect are guilty.
          The Goverment doesn't decide who is guilty or who is innocent. It certainly doesn't and shouldn't do this behind closed doors. For such a serious crime as terrorism, it should be even more transparent to ensure that you really do have the right person. You'd want to be sure you catch the right people, and not just anyone to appease the population.

If anything this transparency is to protect the US people from the US Goverment, the entire reason you have a consitution. I'm from the UK, so please feel free to correct me and show me an example of when the President or Goverment official has declared somebody to be guilty and given then a prison sentance without a trial, jury, judge or any external overview.

Do some googling, and you will see that the situation is not fine in Guantanmo.

We've had at least 2 people returned to the UK after 2 years of wrongful inprisonment, and their release required direct involvement from the Prime Minister. They have also been denied any compensation, and denied the opportunity to sue the US Goverment for the torture, abuse and physical and mental damages they have suffered. They are innocent men, they and many thousands like them are also suffering in the same way. Sure there may be people who are responsible for terrorist acts among them. But making sweeping arrests of anyone who is in the Middle East, Pakistan, Afganistan etc to try and find intelligence via torture is completely illegal. And cannot be justified for any reason whatsoever. Not to mention the results of intelligence via torture are completely unreliable because people will say anything with 1,000 volts wired to their genitalia.

This is the sort of thing which angers me greatly, and the reason why I post about such topics. If anything to raise awareness about the situation, and it isn't as rosey as Bush or Foxnews make out.
          HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
          -
          Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
            Saddam was committing genocide. Need I continue?
            the united states has caused the deaths of more human beings because of the iraq war, either directly or indirectly than saddam ever has

the numbers are staggering in comparison

if it was anybody else the united states would be crying to bring that leader(bush) to the world court for war crimes

I suggest some of of u go visit places like ogrish.com and see the real cost of this war...stuff they dare not put in the mainstream media
            Warning: You need a strong stomach.

Comment

if they are caught red-handed with hand in the cookie jar why should they need a trial? the same applies if someone has info but won't spill the beans -- they're just as guilty.
              Last edited by sebe; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Zonex
                the united states has caused the deaths of more human beings because of the iraq war, either directly or indirectly than saddam ever has.
                and that is based on what?
                get your facts straight.

Comment

and that is based on what?
                  its based on math, u count dead people

get your facts straight.
                  they are straight

Comment

Originally posted by Martz
                    With regards to "Third world country", no I didn't mean that. It was a mistake from rushing my post. I was trying to form a point that other countries in the third world of lesser GPD see that the US doesn't abide by laws. So why should country X. The US doesn't set a good example when it comes to abiding International Laws. Considering the circumstances, the US should set the standard, and exceed it when it comes to freedom and rights. It shouldn't just barely cover some of the rights that all humans on this planet are entitled too.

I'll post a link to Amnesty International and their opinion of the Guantanamo bay situation. Is this proof that Human Rights are being erroded?

The Goverment provides the structure and foundation for law and justice to take place. Congress creates laws/policy. The FBI/CIA/Police find people who they suspect are guilty.
                    The Goverment doesn't decide who is guilty or who is innocent. It certainly doesn't and shouldn't do this behind closed doors. For such a serious crime as terrorism, it should be even more transparent to ensure that you really do have the right person. You'd want to be sure you catch the right people, and not just anyone to appease the population.

If anything this transparency is to protect the US people from the US Goverment, the entire reason you have a consitution. I'm from the UK, so please feel free to correct me and show me an example of when the President or Goverment official has declared somebody to be guilty and given then a prison sentance without a trial, jury, judge or any external overview.

Do some googling, and you will see that the situation is not fine in Guantanmo.

We've had at least 2 people returned to the UK after 2 years of wrongful inprisonment, and their release required direct involvement from the Prime Minister. They have also been denied any compensation, and denied the opportunity to sue the US Goverment for the torture, abuse and physical and mental damages they have suffered. They are innocent men, they and many thousands like them are also suffering in the same way. Sure there may be people who are responsible for terrorist acts among them. But making sweeping arrests of anyone who is in the Middle East, Pakistan, Afganistan etc to try and find intelligence via torture is completely illegal. And cannot be justified for any reason whatsoever. Not to mention the results of intelligence via torture are completely unreliable because people will say anything with 1,000 volts wired to their genitalia.

This is the sort of thing which angers me greatly, and the reason why I post about such topics. If anything to raise awareness about the situation, and it isn't as rosey as Bush or Foxnews make out.
                    Well, like I said, compare this to any other detention camp in history. I'm not necessarily saying that Guantenamo Bay is a model community or that the US can't do better. I'm not saying that everything is all nice and rosy.

What I'm saying is that ALL detention camps have issues with human rights and abuse. Countries who run them may have good intentions, but the individuals who are in charge of enforcing the rights of those prisoners may not.

I am very sure that the majority of the population would want prisoners to be treated fairly and with respect. Unfortunately, if you're on the battlefield seeing them shoot and kill your friends, you're going to be a bit biased when it comes to detaining them.

Comment

its based on math, u count dead people

they are straight
                      So you mean to say... Roosevelt was a hugely evil person because he brought the US into World War II, which resulted in the deaths of millions?

Comment

Theres no need in argueing here, theres no point really. People who live in the USA are obviously going to support their own countrys, but I am quite sure most countrys despise george bush. I hate the USA the way they take controll, theres no need to argue its just the truth. If you hated tony blair the UK people will probobly say how good he is but he is better than GW . When you think America all I think is nuclear war heads and war.

Comment

the united states has caused the deaths of more human beings because of the iraq war, either directly or indirectly than saddam ever has

the numbers are staggering in comparison

if it was anybody else the united states would be crying to bring that leader(bush) to the world court for war crimes

I suggest some of of u go visit places like ogrish.com and see the real cost of this war...stuff they dare not put in the mainstream media
                          Warning: You need a strong stomach.
                          All wars are like that. When people are shooting each other, you're bound to wind up with dead people.

Unfortunately, humans have been waging war for as long as we have existed. There's no quick fix that will make all humans resort to alternative methods of resolving disputes.

Comment

I hate the USA the way they take controll, theres no need to argue its just the truth.
                            if your country ruled the world you would not hate it. its a power thing.. countries with no power will hate the country that has it.

Comment

Theres no need in argueing here, theres no point really. People who live in the USA are obviously going to support their own countrys, but I am quite sure most countrys despise george bush. I hate the USA the way they take controll, theres no need to argue its just the truth. If you hated tony blair the UK people will probobly say how good he is but he is better than GW . When you think America all I think is nuclear war heads and war.
                              What's being discussed here is the situation at Guantenamo Bay. Not necessarily what Americans think of George W. Bush.

I personally do not agree with many of his policies. Recall that our previous election (and the one before that) were very closely contested. Not all Americans are 100% in favor of the president, and it's very irresponsible to believe so.

That's like me saying "All Iraqis are in favor of Saddam."

Comment

if your country ruled the world you would not hate it. its a power thing.. country with no power will hate country that has it.
                                Whatever makes you feel better I guess, Think ahead not now.
                                Last edited by patriotcow; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:34pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X