Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree on this one regardless of political affiliation...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This thread is over a year old. No need to resurrect it.

Leave a comment:

• mcipdns
    replied
    You guys

This is pretty sad.

Insulting a guy who has the guts to put his opinion out there under his real name no less.

<Troll link removed>

Sometimes it's not about not being "man enough" to "serve", but more about not wanting to die over a cause that simply isn't worth dying over.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumina
    Hey, don't blame France!
    Our population is smaller than yours, and we aren't a kind of big island. If Hitler was born in Brasil, then USA would have been invaded by South America, and those who would have rescue you would have been the European people.
    There is no way you can say that based on many things the Europenas tried to do to keep Hitler happy including basically handing Hitler a country in hopes that he would not invade anymore.

Had Hitler been in power in Brazil we would not have tolerated on attack on our Country, as seen in Peral Harbor and we would have declared war on the country.

Leave a comment:

• MidnightPyro
    replied
    France wouldn't want to go to war though - that's a proven fact

Leave a comment:

• Lumina
    replied
    Originally posted by free thinker
    I agree. We would be much better off if we had never risen to superpower status. We should have been more like France... You know, just let the nazis roll on in and set up shop.
    Hey, don't blame France!
    Our population is smaller than yours, and we aren't a kind of big island. If Hitler was born in Brasil, then USA would have been invaded by South America, and those who would have rescue you would have been the European people.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    The perpetrators have been warned several times now.
    And for that, I thank you.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    I think it's time for a banning

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew111888
    If you want to discuss politics, though, why don't you go to a site for discussing them?

I agree with Trent... it's kind of lame seeing 3-4 topics about politics when chit chat is usually geeky and light-hearted.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    Originally posted by BrentWilson
    With all due respect you dont have to open the thread.
    If you want to discuss politics, though, why don't you go to a site for discussing them?

I agree with Trent... it's kind of lame seeing 3-4 topics about politics when chit chat is usually geeky and light-hearted.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    France and Poland lost their freedom when the Nazis took control. The U.S. was still a free country after that happened.
    Which is why the US did not join the war when Europe was invaded. The US only (directly) joined the war after a direct threat to US freedom, when Japan bombed Hawaii.

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    Originally posted by Zonex
    Anyways, I've already wasted to much time debating what the term my freedom means. I will stick to looking it up in a dictionary. You guys can stick to repeating what others say it means.
    Many of us are describing what the term freedom means to us, not others.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by BrentWilson
    So that argument can be taken even farther and be more proof of why should we pay these guys at all for what they do for us..... I mean you have people saying they don't get paid enough yet if a soldier made 100,000 a year tax free like the civilians do over there in Iraq rebuilding it then don't you think enrollment would go up?
    I am not taking any side in this argument just like I don't in any political thread. I am merely stating that he did raise a valid point; whether you agree with his point or not is between you and Michael Crook, not me.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    Originally posted by chrispadfield
    Zonex, is you are invaded won't your freeoms be taken away? What happened to France/Poland etc when Germany invaded? You think that wouldn't have been the end result of WW2? WW2 was *all* about fighting for freedom. If you don't agree, go and ask the people living on O'ahu.
    If we are invaded and they succeed and a new government rules over us that takes away my freedoms then yes of course.

France and Poland lost their freedom when the Nazis took control. The U.S. was still a free country after that happened.

Not sure what would have happened with regards to the end result of WW2. We made the right choice by fighting it. Hitler had to be stopped but I don't think he would have succeded in taking over the world. He failed on his home turf. He would have done worse trying to cross the atlantic and invading the United States.

Anyways, I've already wasted to much time debating what the term my freedom means. I will stick to looking it up in a dictionary. You guys can stick to repeating what others say it means.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    I just mean regime change.
    How exactly? I have a friend who went to Iran recently as part of a women's human rights mission. She got the same thing from a lot of Iranians she met, the only thing they hate more than their current leadership is the threat of being invaded. If you try and bomb even a certain element, a lot of the country would likely rally behind their leadership, even if they currently despise that leadership.

Personally I am much more worried about the threat North Korea poses.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    chris, a whole lot of american have that mindset
    nuke this country or that country
    you would be surprised at how often i hear that
    they are dead serious

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X