Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree on this one regardless of political affiliation...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I aimed that at no one.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Would you please take these type of threads somewhere else? I'm tired of coming to the chit chat forum only to find political threads in which two sides argue back and forth. I miss the usual geek talk.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
        Would you please take these type of threads somewhere else? I'm tired of coming to the chit chat forum only to find political threads in which two sides argue back and forth. I miss the usual geek talk.
        With all due respect you dont have to open the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
          If your talking about me I only asked didnt resort to name calling. I for the life of me just could not understand why he could not pull his head out of the damn dictionary for 1 damn minute and use common sense.

Other than that I tried to stay on topic but its impossible.

I am rather disappointed. I thought that we could all agree on Michael Crook being a low life bastard but I guess some people just can't stand to agree with those they dont see eye to eye with and see it fit to start trouble.
          I didnt reply to start trouble. I merely pointed the guy from fox news going after the guy about how those soldiers give him the opportunity to speak and be free. That is not correct so I think he is the bigger idiot.
          Perhaps watch the video again and you will see how he continues to harp on how these people give you freedom.

Sorry folks, this country is not about to be taken over by another country and has not had that issue since our independence.

Stop repeating what every politition wants to feed you about this freedom thing. It's not about that but I guess if they say it enough a lot of people will fall in line and believe that.

Saying something over and over does not make it true. America is under no threat of our freedom of speech and assembly being taken away by a foreign power. Like for instance France and Poland during world war 2.

Call it what it is. Stopping a country from doing something we don't like. It's not about a country invading us, taking up shop and ripping up the constitution.
          Surely some of you can see that.

All I am debating is the term freedom which is very much misused by polititions and has trickled down into the minds of many of it's citizens.

They have given it a meaning that is not in any dictionary. So please stop using that word to describe what a country fights for. Use the real reason and stop trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

Comment

Hey Zonex,

How is it that you can't understand this:

We are going after rogue terrorist states because they are controlled by regimes intent on killing all Americans (and Westerners after that). They are developing nuclear weapons (Iran), they are mustering forces, they are meeting in dark corners and paying for people to blow themselves up and send sleeper cells into our country. Iran wants to develop nuclear weapons for one reason, to incinerate Israel and start WWIII.

You wanna see the real action, just wait until Israel launches a pre-emptive strike on Iran. It is coming soon......

Comment

You wanna see the real action, just wait until Israel launches a pre-emptive strike on Iran. It is coming soon......
              You seem to say that with glee. Do you find it surprising that Iran wants nuclear weapons when it has a neighbour whom already does, and you think will launch pre-emptive strikes?
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

I'm going to have to join in on the bandwagon here.

Zonex,
                There have been times since the revolutionary war that we have defended our freedom. World War II, for instance. Maybe we would've all been okay if we had just let the Japanese do whatever they wanted with us, if we would've just stepped down and let them have their way. But let's think about this for a second. Thousands of people are dying in Europe, and the German war machine is rolling over Europe killing innocent people. Maybe we weren't defending the United States freedom...but the freedom of all of Europe. If the United States didn't step in, there'd be a very good chance that Hitler and the rest of the axis powers would've gotten their way. To me, this is defending our freedom.

In the WTC incident, there were civilians that died. Maybe the pentagon, the WTC, and the whitehouse were valid military targets, but passenger jets containing innocent civilians are not. Our freedom was clearly attacked. In the United States, we have freedom and rights: being killed by a terrorist is not one of these freedoms or rights. When we went to Afghanistant, when we went to Iraq, we were defending our country. If given the chance, the terrorists will kill Americans. Maybe the terrorists can't take over the country, but last time I checked, living in constant fear of terrorists wasn't freedom either. Hence the War in Iraq, the War in Afghanistan, and the fight against terrorism.

Comment

You all seem to be under the impression that I don't agree with wars. Nothing I have said indicates that. Perhaps you should go back and read what I posted. I'm talking about the misuse of the word freedom. Our country is under no threat except from the current administration or the days of McCarthy of our freedoms being taken away.

For the record since some of you can not understand my feelings.

Should we have fought in WW1 and WW2 - YES
                  Should we have gone into Afghanistan - YES
                  Should we have gone into Vietnam - No
                  Should we have gone in Iraq the first time - YES
                  Should we be in Iraq today - No
                  Korea - Don't know enough about that conflict.
                  Nato was about keeping the Soviets in check - good idea

None of these wars where about the freedoms given to my by the constitution. So please stop repeating what a politition says or a right wing "news' person says.

Comment

Zonex, is you are invaded won't your freeoms be taken away? What happened to France/Poland etc when Germany invaded? You think that wouldn't have been the end result of WW2? WW2 was *all* about fighting for freedom. If you don't agree, go and ask the people living on O'ahu.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                      You seem to say that with glee. Do you find it surprising that Iran wants nuclear weapons when it has a neighbour whom already does, and you think will launch pre-emptive strikes?
                      Well, I don't think I used the "glee" emoticon...

The funny thing is: I remember exactly where I was on September 11th, 2001. I had just begun to attend fall term in college (my third year) and was sitting there listening to the professor talk about theory of this and that. It was such a beautiful day, perfect weather, sunny, blue skies, white puffy clouds, fresh air, everybody was in a great mood, meeting new people...

The professor left the classroom for a few minutes and came back. He was white, pale as a ghost. He silently stood in front of the class and plugged in a little radio to the outlet. All twenty of us sat there and listened and learned that hijackers had hijacked planes and crashed them into the world trade centers, the pentagon, and elsewhere...

I remember feeling helpless, like what could I do to help my fellow citizens? One plane even flew within a few miles of where I live before turning back around and crashing in Pennsylvania...

I left class and drove home and saw the same blank expressions on everyone else's face during my thirty minute drive. When I arrived at home, I watched the footage as approximately 3000 people (mostly my countrymen) were slaughtered, by soulless, heartless, evil bastards... Fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, teachers, friends, led to the slaughter unknowingly. Then the best of the best, police, firefighters, rescue workers all killed as the second tower collapsed...

If you didn't live through this Chris, I can understand why you don't know how I feel, or understand how I feel. But let me clarify my opinion:

Radical Islam brought the war to me, and I am ready to answer its call. I will not back down. I will not retreat. I will not cower. I will not lose. I am an American. This is how I (and the MAJORITY of Americans) feel at this time.

Maybe it's genetic, maybe it's something in the water, I don't know... but Americans simply don't know how to lose...

And yes, I hope that Israel blows up Iran...

Comment

If you didn't live through this Chris, I can understand why you don't know how I feel, or understand how I feel. But let me clarify my opinion:
                        I know exactly where I was. I had just come back from a holiday in Turkey that morning (very early). I was in bed and turned the tv on. I had been on a plane about 8 hours before it happened. My sister had just gone up to London which was somewhat terrifying for obvious reasons (they evacuated some of the buildings) and I had a friend who was due to go up the towers that morning but changed their mind and went to the Statue of Liberty instead. I remember feeling pretty sick for most of the week that followed unable to do much of anything; it was horrendous.

Radical Islam brought the war to me, and I am ready to answer its call. I will not back down. I will not retreat. I will not cower. I will not lose. I am an American. This is how I (and the MAJORITY of Americans) feel at this time.
                        Which is why there was almost universal world approval of the invasion of Afghanistan. Winning the *actual* war on terrorism is something few argue with.

And yes, I hope that Israel blows up Iran...
                        I guess I was correct about the glee part then. When you say "blow" up what exactly do you mean? Do you want to nuke the whole country? Target government buildings or what? You realise that a full blown invasion of Iran would likely start WW3?
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I guess I was correct about the glee part then. When you say "blow" up what exactly do you mean? Do you want to nuke the whole country? Target government buildings or what? You realise that a full blown invasion of Iran would likely start WW3?
                          I just mean regime change.

Comment

chris, a whole lot of american have that mindset
                            nuke this country or that country
                            you would be surprised at how often i hear that
                            they are dead serious

Comment

I just mean regime change.
                              How exactly? I have a friend who went to Iran recently as part of a women's human rights mission. She got the same thing from a lot of Iranians she met, the only thing they hate more than their current leadership is the threat of being invaded. If you try and bomb even a certain element, a lot of the country would likely rally behind their leadership, even if they currently despise that leadership.

Personally I am much more worried about the threat North Korea poses.
                              Christopher Padfield
                              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Zonex, is you are invaded won't your freeoms be taken away? What happened to France/Poland etc when Germany invaded? You think that wouldn't have been the end result of WW2? WW2 was *all* about fighting for freedom. If you don't agree, go and ask the people living on O'ahu.
                                If we are invaded and they succeed and a new government rules over us that takes away my freedoms then yes of course.

France and Poland lost their freedom when the Nazis took control. The U.S. was still a free country after that happened.

Not sure what would have happened with regards to the end result of WW2. We made the right choice by fighting it. Hitler had to be stopped but I don't think he would have succeded in taking over the world. He failed on his home turf. He would have done worse trying to cross the atlantic and invading the United States.

Anyways, I've already wasted to much time debating what the term my freedom means. I will stick to looking it up in a dictionary. You guys can stick to repeating what others say it means.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X