Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree on this one regardless of political affiliation...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, typo
    the war of 1812
    i think thats when we fought the british and gained our freedom and independence

all the other wars were about something else
    just bugs me everytime i hear about soldiers going out and fighting to protect my freedom
    nothing could be farther from the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Zonex
      I think the guy on FOX news is the bigger idiot. I mean, when was the last time US troops where defending our freedoms? 1776 or was it the was of 1812? I forget my history lessions.
      I think you need to just look at what you just said and rethink it. You have to be joking

Comment

sorry, typo
        the war of 1812
        i think thats when we fought the british and gained our freedom and independence

all the other wars were about something else
        I agree. We would be much better off if we had never risen to superpower status. We should have been more like France... You know, just let the nazis roll on in and set up shop. And the world would definitely be a better place had we never got into that little conflict known as World War II...

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
          I think you need to just look at what you just said and rethink it. You have to be joking
          I'm dead serious. Name me a war where we were threatened in a manner that our freedom would have been taken away? Like someone is actually going to invade the United States...puleeze.

About the only threat we ever faced was a nuclear war with the Soviets and that never happened.

We go out an fight wars but it's not to defend the U.S.
          The first 2 world wars where about helping Europe.
          Korea was about our dislike for communism and protecting the south.
          Vietnam was the same.
          Grenada, we just kicked some Cuban workers out.
          Nicaragua, El Salvador
          First Iraq war was about defending Kuwait.
          Afghanistan was about payback and we have yet to get Bin Laden.
          Current war is about Bush being a complete moron.

Comment

I'm dead serious. Name me a war where we were threatened in a manner that our freedom would have been taken away? Like someone is actually going to invade the United States...puleeze.

About the only threat we ever faced was a nuclear war with the Soviets and that never happened.

We go out an fight wars but it's not to defend the U.S.
            The first 2 world wars where about helping Europe.
            Korea was about our dislike for communism and protecting the south.
            Vietnam was the same.
            Grenada, we just kicked some Cuban workers out.
            Nicaragua, El Salvador
            First Iraq war was about defending Kuwait.
            Afghanistan was about payback and we have yet to get Bin Laden.
            Current war is about Bush being a complete moron.
            World War II we were attacked by the Japenese and had we not went to war with Japan who knows what would have happened.

That attack happened before we even entered WWII Europe

Afghan was about payback.... payback for what GENIOUS? An attack against our country and our freedom.

Try again.

Comment

World War II we were attacked by the Japenese and had we not went to war with Japan who knows what would have happened.

That attack happened before we even entered WWII Europe

Afghan was about payback.... payback for what GENIOUS? An attack against our country and our freedom.

Try again.
              Our soldiers have aided not only in the freedom of our own country but assisted in the freedom of other countries as well and for that I am grateful for them.

Current Iraq war whether you want to admit it or not removed a Saddam from power and now the country is fighting IED's and Car bomb attacks, not a enemy in a uniform distinguishing themselves from civilians. It is a whole different war where freedom is not going to come easy and a war where Bush under estimated the amount of fighting they would see once Saddam was toppled. That is his mistake, not going into Iraq.

Comment

how so? explain it to me step by step
                at least u got the payback part right

Our soldiers have aided not only in the freedom of our own country
                Where? When?

Current Iraq war whether you want to admit it or not removed a Saddam from power and now the country is fighting IED's and Car bomb attacks, not a enemy in a uniform distinguishing themselves from civilians.
                and how does this play into this my freedom?
                Last edited by Zonex; Fri 1 Jul '05, 6:56pm.

Comment

how so? explain it to me step by step
                  at least u got the payback part right

Where? When?
                  Are you serious? The Taliban, the very group running the country, refused to give up Bin Laden and were the safe haven for Bin Laden up until the attack.

They were every bit as responsible for the attack as Bin Laden.

You said it was payback smartguy... if so you tell me what we gave them payback for.

Comment

Ok, I see you can't explain it.

I rest my case. I win this round.

NEXT!

Comment

Ok, I see you can't explain it.

I rest my case. I win this round.

NEXT!
                      I just explained it, whether you want to play dumb to it or not is up to you. I am tired of arguing with smartass people like you.

Your only intention seems to be to make me mad which is sad because I try to hold a debate with you and you play stupid to my responses.

It is a shame.

Comment

I am not attempting to make you mad. I am attempting to get you to explain how you arrive at your conclusion that these wars was about protecting my freedom. You have yet to do so. I can only guess that you know that that is not the case and therefore can not explain it.

Look I am as American as you but I am not blinded by patriotism. I see things as they are. I detach myself from my feelings for my country so I can judge things in a more impartial light.

You are still welcome to explain to me in which war our freedom was threatened. Like I said, back when we expelled the British is the only time where we were not a free country. From that day to now I can't think of any threat to the US mainland. Like someone invading our country and taking power and some totalitarian dictator ruling over us and letting us not exercise our Bill of Rights.

Comment

I am not attempting to make you mad. I am attempting to get you to explain how you arrive at your conclusion that these wars was about protecting my freedom. You have yet to do so. I can only guess that you know that that is not the case and therefore can not explain it.

Look I am as American as you but I am not blinded by patriotism. I see things as they are. I detach myself from my feelings for my country so I can judge things in a more impartial light.

You are still welcome to explain to me in which war our freedom was threatened. Like I said, back when we expelled the British is the only time where we were not a free country. From that day to now I can't think of any threat to the US mainland. Like someone invading our country and taking power and some totalitarian dictator ruling over us and letting us not exercise our Bill of Rights.
                          It's common sense. A group, The Taliban, provided shelter and refused to give up the very man behind the attacks on September 11, 2001. This group was a threat to our freedom as they just got through sending 3k of our citizens to their death. This is not the first time they have tried to do this. They were a threat to our way of life, freedom.

You seriously can not grasp that? Your country does not have to be in control of another group to call it defending your freedom. When your country is attacked countless times over 15 years by a group and they finally suceed in launching a devastating attack on our homeland that crippled the air industry for 3 straight days and caused 3k lives to be lost that is a threat to our way of life.

We were not involved in WWII when the Japenese threatened our freedom by declaring war on our country. We were defending ourselves from the Japanese.

It is not a complicated thing to grasp.

Comment

You have yet to explain how my freedom was threatened. At which point was the Bill of Rights going to go poof? All I can do at this point is direct you to dictionary.com and have you look up the definition of the word.

You are reading more into that word than what it is.

Comment

You have yet to explain how my freedom was threatened. At which point was the Bill of Rights going to go poof? All I can do at this point is direct you to dictionary.com and have you look up the definition of the word.

You are reading more into that word than what it is.
                              No your not reading into it enough. My life was threatened, my freedom was threatened.

Simple as that.

Comment

At which point was the Bill of Rights going to go poof?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X