Holy Hushpuppies Batman!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Hushpuppies Batman!!

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Thai fishermen caught a 293-kilogram (646-pound) catfish that may have been the world's largest freshwater fish, wildlife conservation groups said.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Who's bringing the slaw?
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

lol, wow thats huge... how exactly did he catch it? I'd think that a conventional fishing line would have broken... a net then?

MGM out

Comment

It was netted.

You bringing the slaw?
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
        It was netted.

You bringing the slaw?
        I'll bring the oil, and deep fryers!!

and here I was thinking I was the man after I pulled a 15 pound cat out of the pond a few weeks back

Comment

that may have been the world's largest freshwater fish, wildlife conservation groups said...

Why is a conversation group commenting on a dead fish - that's quite unique?

that always gets me :d

Comment

If you read the article, they were trying to get the village to release it because it was so large.
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              that may have been the world's largest freshwater fish, wildlife conservation groups said...

You know, now that you mention it, it makes me wonder... why are wildlife conservationists commenting a fish that was killed and eaten? I mean, was it on their preserved land in the first place? Interesting situation there...
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

That's a damn big fish right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                  If you read the article, they were trying to get the village to release it because it was so large.
                  I mean, the fish won't come back to life.

Comment

Lol. True, I don't see a point in releasing a fish that is already dead. But that's probably the biggest fish I've seen.
                    Let the flames begin.

Comment

It's so obvious!

So they can feed the other, bigger fish they haven't found yet.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

That is huge! They should have kept it in the net and put it in an aquarium
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Going to need a lot of coconut milk to cook that thing.
                          Christopher Padfield
                          Web Based Helpdesk
                          DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris

Actually, you can't tell from the picture that it is dead. Catfish can live for hours after being removed from the water. Have caught some in the past and they were still alive 6 hours after being removed from the water.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Either way, it's gonna make a nice meal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X