Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patriotcow
    replied
    Where do I signup? I don't think some people are understanding properly, the body will only have the same actually "running" life span. But the people will skip ahead and be frozen but during that time they are not actually having longer life because they are asleep. So people won't live longer. I am for it!

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Uhm ..

If my heart stops beating ..

Shouldn't that be a clue?

Stop screwing with nature.
    well said Floris

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Uhm ..

Exactly my point.

And yes Jake, I can already see "right to die" all over the place and in signs and pro-death and pro-choice or w/e lol

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I can see this creating even more complications in the continuing debate over the "right to die". Now some one can be considered alive even without vital signs.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Uhm ..

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089
    replied
    I smelll a "T-Virus" outbreak is coming! lol

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Wow... I'm really not sure if this is a good thing exactly. I mean, if we have a choice to reanimate humans and bring them back from the dead... should we? The population would soar to levels we can't even imagine. I mean, what about people that died of old age? Would bringing them back allow them to live on or do they have to be cared for through medecine so that person doesn't die again right after being brought back?

I really dont know if we should be messing with death...

*watches government ban reanimation of all humans in 1 year*

MGM out

This is why I believe human survival is dependant on believing in a supreme diety of some kind. Without someone above us we are god. We should not e playing with death. A couple of hours, even if it stays that way, is still meddeling with death. This is bad. IMO.

Leave a comment:

• nakile
    replied
    You people are fast on this news.

I wonder how this will change long term space traval?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    threads merged.

Leave a comment:

• nakile
    replied
    Boffins create zombie dogs

"Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock. "

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-13762,00.html

I'm starting to think that 2001: A Space Oddysey isn't so far away!

Leave a comment:

• patriotcow
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Wow... I'm really not sure if this is a good thing exactly. I mean, if we have a choice to reanimate humans and bring them back from the dead... should we? The population would soar to levels we can't even imagine. I mean, what about people that died of old age? Would bringing them back allow them to live on or do they have to be cared for through medecine so that person doesn't die again right after being brought back?

I really dont know if we should be messing with death...

*watches government ban reanimation of all humans in 1 year*

MGM out
    LOL the people that are years dead already have rotted away

Leave a comment:

• patriotcow
    replied
    Originally posted by TTG
    SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.
    US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years. Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

Zombie dogs

... All volunteers take one step forward
    Pick me, no I am serious I would do it. If it means I live to see 200 years ahead

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    I don't think the process works unless they specificly had the process preapplied to their death...
    But again, technology and medecine are growing at an incredible rate. Give them 5 years and we'll have the technology to revitalize anyone at anytime. This is just the first step (IMO)

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I don't think the process works unless they specificly had the process preapplied to their death...

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Did you read the article? I believe its used for bringing back people who've only been dead for a few hours AND have had the process applied
    But who's to say this won't be expanded to something more? I mean, first dogs, then humans. First people dead for a few hours then people dead for months. First people dead on accident then people dead naturally. Where do we draw the line?

MGM out

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X