Zombie dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie dogs

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.
    US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years. Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

Zombie dogs

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.
    ... All volunteers take one step forward

I'm amazed at what huge progress medicine has made in the past few years...
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Wow... I'm really not sure if this is a good thing exactly. I mean, if we have a choice to reanimate humans and bring them back from the dead... should we? The population would soar to levels we can't even imagine. I mean, what about people that died of old age? Would bringing them back allow them to live on or do they have to be cared for through medecine so that person doesn't die again right after being brought back?

I really dont know if we should be messing with death...

*watches government ban reanimation of all humans in 1 year*

MGM out

Comment

Did you read the article? I believe its used for bringing back people who've only been dead for a few hours AND have had the process applied

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          Did you read the article? I believe its used for bringing back people who've only been dead for a few hours AND have had the process applied
          But who's to say this won't be expanded to something more? I mean, first dogs, then humans. First people dead for a few hours then people dead for months. First people dead on accident then people dead naturally. Where do we draw the line?

MGM out

Comment

I don't think the process works unless they specificly had the process preapplied to their death...

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              I don't think the process works unless they specificly had the process preapplied to their death...
              But again, technology and medecine are growing at an incredible rate. Give them 5 years and we'll have the technology to revitalize anyone at anytime. This is just the first step (IMO)

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by TTG
                SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.
                US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years. Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

Zombie dogs

... All volunteers take one step forward
                Pick me, no I am serious I would do it. If it means I live to see 200 years ahead

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                  Wow... I'm really not sure if this is a good thing exactly. I mean, if we have a choice to reanimate humans and bring them back from the dead... should we? The population would soar to levels we can't even imagine. I mean, what about people that died of old age? Would bringing them back allow them to live on or do they have to be cared for through medecine so that person doesn't die again right after being brought back?

MGM out
                  LOL the people that are years dead already have rotted away

Comment

Boffins create zombie dogs

"Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock. "

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-13762,00.html

I'm starting to think that 2001: A Space Oddysey isn't so far away!

Comment

threads merged.

Comment

You people are fast on this news.

I wonder how this will change long term space traval?

Comment

Originally posted by MGM

MGM out

This is why I believe human survival is dependant on believing in a supreme diety of some kind. Without someone above us we are god. We should not e playing with death. A couple of hours, even if it stays that way, is still meddeling with death. This is bad. IMO.

Comment

I smelll a "T-Virus" outbreak is coming! lol
                            http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Uhm ..

If my heart stops beating ..

Shouldn't that be a clue?

Stop screwing with nature.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X