• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use 1280 x 1024
    http://www.virtualinfusion.net
    An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead
      I only put 800x600 and 1024x768 as options because I was looking for the lower limit. Looking at the poll I think that the majority does indeed use a resolution higher than 800x600 so I think that my site design will be based on a min res of 1024x768.
      I would reccomend against that. While the people here may not use 800x600, thats only because we're all geeks and need a lot of room and space on our desktops for the various apps we run. The average user doesnt need all that space, and so may use 800x600

MGM out

Comment

According to my site demographics, 58% of people run 1024x768 and 22% run 800x600
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I use 1024x768.
          Last edited by Creepshow; Tue 28 Jun '05, 8:15am.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
            I would reccomend against that. While the people here may not use 800x600, thats only because we're all geeks and need a lot of room and space on our desktops for the various apps we run. The average user doesnt need all that space, and so may use 800x600

MGM out
            Of course, even if they do have higher res, how many browse full-screen? I don't, I have many windows open and am constantly multitasking. Most of those windows (and all of the web browsing windows) are 800x600 (or less). Making a huge design that will overflow that size is one fast way to make me close your site.

Just mho.
            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

1400x900 screen res on my PowerBook, but the browser window is usually about 1024x768

Comment

im running at 1280x1024

Comment

I would go a lot higher than 1024X768, but my laptop doesn't go any higher. But yes as MGM said were all geeks and love our expensive high resolution screens. Whereas most people are fine with 1024X768.

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
                    Of course, even if they do have higher res, how many browse full-screen? I don't, I have many windows open and am constantly multitasking. Most of those windows (and all of the web browsing windows) are 800x600 (or less). Making a huge design that will overflow that size is one fast way to make me close your site.

Just mho.
                    I completely agree with this point. I always make it a point to have my full-screen browser windows at exactly 800x600 resolution's width. It's a total turn-off to have to do horizontal scrolling, since just about every website I visit renders without horizontal scrolling.

Granted, we're at the threshold where 1024x768 is beginning to become the dominant screen resolution, but that doesn't mean we should all discriminate against lower resolution users. The web is inherently a vertically-scrolling medium. If you have more content, just put it vertically or use smart CSS to automatically expand/contract your content areas based on browser window size.

These days, 1024x768 fixed-width design can be considered very irresponsible, from a design and usability perspective.
                    :)

Comment

4800 * 3600
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

1024 x 768 on a 19" CRT

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                          4800 * 3600
                          How big is your screen? Is it similar in size to a Cinema's?

Satan

Comment

Jerrys got at least two TFT's IIRC, but with that measurement it seems like 3

Comment

Originally posted by hellsatan
                              How big is your screen? Is it similar in size to a Cinema's?

Satan
                              3 * (1600 * 1200)

Two Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510 and one Dell 2001FP, soon to be 3 2001FP pending FPS testing.

They are going to have to do very very well to beat the 510's
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I want pics

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X