Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alteran Ancient
    replied
    The new MSN Toolbar adds tabbed browser functionality.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by dethfire
    The problem I have with FF is that it won't work when using MS Word's online clipart feature. You have to use IE.
    Well pressure Mozilla to release an ActiveX add-on. And no, I don't think Microsoft needs to make it compliant to non-Microsoft products. Their clipart and template galleries are features offered to customers who use their products.

Leave a comment:

• dethfire
    replied
    The problem I have with FF is that it won't work when using MS Word's online clipart feature. You have to use IE.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by daemon
    Hopefully by the time vB4 rolls around all the images won't have to be matted, we'll just use alpha .
    /me crosses fingers wildly

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Honestly, I am more interested in this:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/04/26/412263.aspx
    Me too. Hopefully by the time vB4 rolls around all the images won't have to be matted, we'll just use alpha .

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel
    That's true, but only to a limited extent. Once you start having nested and floated elements, IE starts getting messy.
    The same happens in Firefox, as long as you clear the floats in the right places you're ok

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C
    Honestly, I am more interested in this:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/04/26/412263.aspx

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    That's true, but only to a limited extent. Once you start having nested and floated elements, IE starts getting messy.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    CSS Fixes I'm anticipating the most

* 1px dotted borders (That's been a pain in the rear for YEARS...)
    * Peekaboo bug
    * Fixed width: auto
    * Double float margin bug
    * :hover on all elements
    * Proper box model and fixed positioning

Even just fixing the box model on its own would be a big relief for a ton of designers out there. Few people have an idea of how many hacks your average CSS-based site has to address this single problem alone.
    You can avoid the box-model issues entirely in IE by seperating padding/borders from width/height anyway.. Simple practice offers a simple solution Regardless, I'm going to be stuck here having to use the holly hack all the time for IE5+6 for a couple of years anyway so whilst this is a big jump, nothing will change for us

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by rockergrrl
    Right now, they're beta testing a new version of Windows Update (6.2). Not sure if it will include Vista or not.
    I always love new Windows Update versions. They look so pretty!

(And BITS is still doing its job, so I don't see very much of an end-user feature upgrade)

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Right now, they're beta testing a new version of Windows Update (6.2). Not sure if it will include Vista or not.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C
    CSS Fixes I'm anticipating the most

* 1px dotted borders (That's been a pain in the rear for YEARS...)
    * Peekaboo bug
    * Fixed width: auto
    * Double float margin bug
    * :hover on all elements
    * Proper box model and fixed positioning

Even just fixing the box model on its own would be a big relief for a ton of designers out there. Few people have an idea of how many hacks your average CSS-based site has to address this single problem alone.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Windows Update does a check for your Windows version number and other system info. I doubt Microsoft wants WU to run on Vista or IE7. They don't want users running beta software to apply patches for previous versions, or patches that may affect vital operating system components, now do they?
    Good explanation.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by CeleronXT
    This explains why Windows Update doesn't work in it?
    Windows Update does a check for your Windows version number and other system info. I doubt Microsoft wants WU to run on Vista or IE7. They don't want users running beta software to apply patches for previous versions, or patches that may affect vital operating system components, now do they?

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Great news folks:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/07/29/445242.aspx

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X