No announcement yet.

More news on IE 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wetting myself over IE7's screenshots, I need it bad!
    Last edited by patriotcow; Fri 29 Jul '05, 1:36am.

Comment

• I just want to try out Vista

If it's half as good as it's proclaimed to be, I'll buy it

Satan

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie
        I still don't understand why the tabs are above the menu bar. I do not use the menu bar nearly as much as I use tabs, and placing them farther away from my operating area seems silly. Can anyone tell me if the menu bar and tab bar are moveable? Also, why do the place the exit button all the way over on the right when it should be on the tab itself?
        I can't move the tabs and address bar at all. They appear glued firmly to the top of the interface.

Comment

• WIll they be doing the 30 day trials like XP where you can use it full then it asks after 30days for registration?

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie
            I still don't understand why the tabs are above the menu bar. I do not use the menu bar nearly as much as I use tabs, and placing them farther away from my operating area seems silly. Can anyone tell me if the menu bar and tab bar are moveable? Also, why do the place the exit button all the way over on the right when it should be on the tab itself?
            Because Microsoft still doesn't "get it". After all this time they still are not Internet savvy. It's beyond maddening or pathetic. It's just plain sad.
            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Originally posted by cbiweb
              Because Microsoft still doesn't "get it". After all this time they still are not Internet savvy. It's beyond maddening or pathetic. It's just plain sad.
              It's a BETA, a BETA. This is not an official final release, and is not in the hands of the majority of consumers. They will more than likely use this test period to get user feedback on how they'd like the system to work, just like Jelsoft does with Beta's for vBulletin.

MGM out

Comment

• I realize that, but it's a head scratcher as to why they think this design would even be consumer friendly in the first place. Sure, they want to put out something unique - but I think they could best serve the public by being unique (or at least caught up with the times) in much better ways.
                ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

I realize that, but it's a head scratcher as to why they think this design would even be consumer friendly in the first place. Sure, they want to put out something unique - but I think they could best serve the public by being unique (or at least caught up with the times) in much better ways.
                  But they might still do that... you cant really judge a software thats still in the works... its like saying vB3.5 sucks but you've been using Beta 1

MGM out

Comment

• Originally posted by cirisme
                    Cool, thanks. I saw the screenshots with the blank tab to the right and wondered whether it was for opening new tabs... guess I was right. That's an interesting addition to tabbed browsing. What does the button with two arrows pointing to each other do?
                    If you mean the icon to the right of the address bar, it's the new refresh button, while loading a page, it turns into the stop button.

I have not been able to move the tab bar, but I like the way it's laid out.

@Kier: Since you have the beta, have you noticed the issue with rendering vB's RSS feeds? I've only had this issue with vB.

Comment

• If you mean the icon to the right of the address bar, it's the new refresh button, while loading a page, it turns into the stop button.
                      Thanks, Ogden2k.
                      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

• I am sure the final release will sport a new design and more flexibility -- I have beta tested alot of MS software and the betas look like...uhh....umm...ASS, usually nothing like the final release.

Comment

• The design is a little backward. Have to see it in the finished product in conjunction with the new Windows interface before I make judgement. I do prefer the interface of MSN Explorer 9.0 to this at this time though.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• I'm actually in the IE7 beta. I just finally got around to installing it yesterday. I'm not digging it at all - reminds me of an IE based replacement browser.

But then again, I can't fully use the browser to the full capibility right now, my mouse is half dead (I can't right click - its broken -- and I misplaced my replacement mouse that Logitech sent me LOL).

As of right now, IE7, to me, is iffy. I can't even access my bookmarks right now, I click on it, and it doesn't drop down at all (and its not my mouse).

:/

Comment

I realize that, but it's a head scratcher as to why they think this design would even be consumer friendly in the first place. Sure, they want to put out something unique - but I think they could best serve the public by being unique (or at least caught up with the times) in much better ways.
                              The answer to your question: This was made be developers, not designers.

If you're running a software company, do you get the features working first or do you focus on the looks first? You obviously focus on the features. Once you've got your featureset done and bug-free, then you take the time to make those features accessible to users and have the program look good.

Microsoft has strict guidelines for program accessibility and interfaces. As of now, barely any of their consumer programs fail to meet that requirement. As mentioned, this is just a Beta. I highly highly doubt Microsoft will fail to meet its own interface guidelines.
                              :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                                I do prefer the interface of MSN Explorer 9.0 to this at this time though.
                                Ouch! That's pretty harsh, isn't it?
                                :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X