More news on IE 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Emily H
    FireFox is for geeks who think it's cool to be anti-microsoft.
    lol

Comment

I do not hate Microsoft one bit. They've built great operating systems and seem like an outstanding company, but I just find Firefox better than Internet Explorer for the time being. I would not doubt that a majority of Firefox users use is just in spite of Microsoft, but I however use it for other reasons.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie
        I do not hate Microsoft one bit. They've built great operating systems and seem like an outstanding company, but I just find Firefox better than Internet Explorer for the time being. I would not doubt that a majority of Firefox users use is just in spite of Microsoft, but I however use it for other reasons.
        I doubt its the majority, thats wishfull thinking from the MS crowd, the numbers are too high that use FF.

I used both and belive Firefox suits my general needs better, it has got nothing to do with MS.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry
          I doubt its the majority, thats wishfull thinking from the MS crowd, the numbers are too high that use FF.

I used both and belive Firefox suits my general needs better, it has got nothing to do with MS.
          I agree as well.

This past weekend, I was at a friend's house, and he wanted me to help him look for apartments online. He's what we would call an "average" computer user, just using it for checking his email and talking to friends.

To my surprise, he was using FireFox. When I asked him about it, he told me that he saw it in the news, which said it was far safer than IE.
          :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry

I also agree. I simply use Firefox because it suits my needs better and, yes, it is a bit "safer" in the sense that there are less vulnerabilities. However, I just like the features, although its a bit slow-loading due to the amount of extensions I've added

MGM out

Comment

• Let me rephrase majority to some.

Comment

• Here's a preview I wrote on IE7 Beta 1: http://reviews.techiehq.net/ie7beta1/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogden2k
                  Here's a preview I wrote on IE7 Beta 1: http://reviews.techiehq.net/ie7beta1/
                  "phising"

You mean "phishing".
                  Hungry ?

Comment

yeahh..! Micro$oft suck a$$!

Nah. I'm closer to anti-linux than anti microsoft. Haha.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I saw the screenshots with the blank tab to the right and wondered whether it was for opening new tabs... guess I was right. That's an interesting addition to tabbed browsing. What does the button with two arrows pointing to each other do?
                      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirisme
                        Cool, thanks. I saw the screenshots with the blank tab to the right and wondered whether it was for opening new tabs... guess I was right. That's an interesting addition to tabbed browsing. What does the button with two arrows pointing to each other do?
                        The arrows pointing up and down beside the address bar? I would guess it would load the page or refresh.

Comment

doesnt that look alot like firefox lol
                          Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Originally posted by Arunan
                            The arrows pointing up and down beside the address bar? I would guess it would load the page or refresh.
                            The screenshots already have a refresh button, and trading the current go button for that one wouldn't be the best move in terms of usability, imho...
                            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirisme
                              The screenshots already have a refresh button, and trading the current go button for that one wouldn't be the best move in terms of usability, imho...
                              Just guessing. I installed it on my other machine, didn't care to look into that button.

Comment

• I still don't understand why the tabs are above the menu bar. I do not use the menu bar nearly as much as I use tabs, and placing them farther away from my operating area seems silly. Can anyone tell me if the menu bar and tab bar are moveable? Also, why do the place the exit button all the way over on the right when it should be on the tab itself?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X