Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More news on IE 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by hellsatan
    Doesn't look too bad - I suspect it's a fake image though

    Satan
    I bet it's fake, look at the title bar and the active tab title. Active tab title is: "(backwardsR)ndex" whereas the title is a word with several foreign letters. I doubt the titles would be that different if it were an authentic screenshot.
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by cirisme
      I bet it's fake, look at the title bar and the active tab title. Active tab title is: "(backwardsR)ndex" whereas the title is a word with several foreign letters. I doubt the titles would be that different if it were an authentic screenshot.
      That picture is totally fake. Look at the version number, specifically the last part.

      xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158


      The 040803 is a timestamp. 04 = 2004.


      Here's something more authentic: mms://wm.microsoft.com/ms/msnse/0506/25055/RSS/rss_longhorn_platform_2005_MBR.wmv
      :)

      Comment


      • #93
        The last part? Why focus on that when there's an obviously off-color box over the version number? :\

        Unless that's somehow usual?
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by CeleronXT
          The last part? Why focus on that when there's an obviously off-color box over the version number? :\

          Unless that's somehow usual?
          The colored box is for emphasis on the 7.0 version number. That's completely justified.

          I'm talking about the timestamp on that build, which was made in 2004.
          :)

          Comment


          • #95
            Interesting

            A bit long though - Lost interest about 15 minutes in

            Satan

            Comment


            • #96
              I watchted the bit, skipped towards the middle and watched some of the RSS feed stuff, it looks intresting.

              Comment


              • #97
                IE7: So much for Firefox
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Firefox is great, I use it. But it's a chore sometimes, what with most sites using that pesky nonstandard IE code.
                  So all of a sudden, standards-compliant code that IE doesn't know how to render is "nonstandard"?


                  Granted, that's his opinion from a user's standpoint. But I don't think she's too qualified to write a preview of IE7, not to mention to draw such bloated conclusions from something he's not even tested yet.
                  Last edited by DirectPixel; Mon 4 Jul '05, 8:31am.
                  :)

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by DirectPixel
                    So all of a sudden, standards-compliant code that IE doesn't know how to render is "nonstandard"?
                    I think she is referring to the majority of javascript out there that IE has specific to its uses that other browsers cannot process. As it is, I still cannot use Firefox reliably on my Banking Website. I can't see the scans of checks that were cached, process payments, can't search processed bill payments, and can't transfer money between accounts. Only thing I can really do is log in and check the balance. Everything else has to be done in IE.

                    I can't rearrage my Yahoo! Group subscriptions in Firefox, can't organize MSN Spaces, can't read my ISP web-based email, don't have WYSIWYG email editing on Yahoo! or MSN in Firefox, and a lot more. All I know is if I have problems with a website (and I have found quite a few of them) under Firefox, then it will work in IE.

                    When I surf the internet, I don't care about standards or what version of XHTML the developer used. I don't care if a site validates. All I care is if it works as intended. That is most likely how most people feel.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • That's a pretty serious problem if you cannot even see a simple scan of a check or search your payment history. These features should use little to no javascript at all, and certainly can be made to use compliant javascript that works on all browsers.

                      Same with Yahoo! and MSN's features. If vBulletin has cross-browser WYSIWYG support, I don't see how Microsoft or Yahoo! haven't figured out how to do it.

                      It's a matter of coding practices and mindset of the developers. They should make accessible sites. Not just for FireFox, or for IE, but for all browsers. I should be able to log into my bank's online interface and check my account status and payment history using Lynx. It's not really that hard to do at all. Granted, the security implications (such as SSL certificates, digitally signing documents, etc.) make this slightly unpractical. But you get my point.
                      :)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DirectPixel
                        The colored box is for emphasis on the 7.0 version number. That's completely justified.

                        I'm talking about the timestamp on that build, which was made in 2004.
                        Ah, is it? Ok thanks, it just looked highly unusual to me.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Yay, MSFT is promising for tomorrow what I get today in Firefox, and now we're waiting for the Fox's demise. Repeat of Netscape? Gosh I hope not, or all we have to look forward to is 5-6 years of next to nothing out of Redmond until the next challenger arises, just like when Netscape died.

                          Will it happen? Probably. People are apathetic just like you said. It's a shame, really, such things really hold us back.

                          What are we looking forward to, exactly?
                          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CeleronXT
                            Ah, is it? Ok thanks, it just looked highly unusual to me.
                            The thing I found interesting was how Office-like it felt.
                            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cirisme
                              Yay, MSFT is promising for tomorrow what I get today in Firefox, and now we're waiting for the Fox's demise. Repeat of Netscape? Gosh I hope not, or all we have to look forward to is 5-6 years of next to nothing out of Redmond until the next challenger arises, just like when Netscape died.

                              Will it happen? Probably. People are apathetic just like you said. It's a shame, really, such things really hold us back.

                              What are we looking forward to, exactly?
                              Well, from all the hype... we are looking for RSS support in IE.
                              :)

                              Comment


                              • FireFox is for geeks who think it's cool to be anti-microsoft.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X