Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More news on IE 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by harmor
    I don't know anything about css but what if you used
    Code:
    #rightcontent {
    		position: float;
    		right:9px;
    		top:61px;
    		width:200px;
    		background:#fff;
    		border:1px solid #000;
    		}
    No clue what that does but try it.

    Edit: I made the page smaller and the right box over laps the other boxes. I just thought it was weird.
    Nope, it just brings the box down to the bottom.

    Celeron, what version of IE are you using?

    So there you go to everyone who thinks Firefox is perfect. Fix my problem and I wont argue anymore, until then, dont tell me Firefox is better than IE or its perfect or anything of the sort, because it isn't true (in some areas maybe, but not always)

    MGM out

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by CeleronXT
      For me, its identical in both browsers. Off 1px in each.
      Yep, same here.

      IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (Most messed up version number system ever.)


      You might want to read this article: http://web-graphics.com/mtarchive/001602.php
      Last edited by DirectPixel; Tue 28th Jun '05, 10:56am.
      :)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by DirectPixel
        Yep, same here.

        IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (Most messed up version number system ever.)


        You might want to read this article: http://web-graphics.com/mtarchive/001602.php
        But see, now this is an even bigger problem... I can either fix that 1px issue for IE users or for Firefox users. If I fox it for Firefox users, then it looks as if a bunch of other IE users will get affected as well (you and celeron). Guess I'll leave it on Firefox since it isnt a majority.

        MGM out

        Comment


        • #34
          That's not true.

          Do this:

          Code:
          .class { width: 500px; } //For all users
          * html .class { w\idth: 499px; } //For IE users
          :)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DirectPixel
            That's not true.

            Do this:

            Code:
            .class { width: 500px; } //For all users
            * html .class { w\idth: 499px; } //For IE users
            Well I did what you asked: http://www.forevergaming.com/hosted/css/old/

            I dont have Firefox installed on this pc however. It looks fine in IE, but how does it look in FF?

            MGM out

            Comment


            • #36
              You've got a 1px gap, instead of 0px gap. You need to increase width of center column by a few pixels (2px, but that's just judging by eye, haven't measured it)
              :)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by DirectPixel
                You've got a 1px gap, instead of 0px gap. You need to increase width of center column by a few pixels (2px, but that's just judging by eye, haven't measured it)
                No, it still seems to be 1 pixel to the right. If I moved the middle table to the right one pixel, the right table would still be 1 pixel too far to the right... increasing the width only makes it adjacent to the middle table but its still 1 pixel too far to the right.... this has been my problem with this style and many others.

                MGM out

                Comment


                • #38
                  Tabs are damn handy but they have one fatal flaw. When I'm using IE and it crashes for some reason (rare), I lose just that instance. When Firefox crashes (more often than IE), I lose every tab. ARGHH

                  Maybe I shouldn't use the same Firefox instance for weeks?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                    Tabs are damn handy but they have one fatal flaw. When I'm using IE and it crashes for some reason (rare), I lose just that instance. When Firefox crashes (more often than IE), I lose every tab. ARGHH

                    Maybe I shouldn't use the same Firefox instance for weeks?
                    Write a script to automatically force-shutdown your computer once every few days, and giving you 10 minutes to finish up and save your work. It'll do wonders for your FireFox crashes.
                    :)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by DirectPixel
                      Write a script to automatically force-shutdown your computer once every few days, and giving you 10 minutes to finish up and save your work. It'll do wonders for your FireFox crashes.
                      It will also do wonders for your memory usage. Firefox has a bad habit of forgetting to deallocate memory... almost ever, as far as I can tell. I've had 150MB instances of Firefox not uncommonly with just a couple of tabs open after a long browsing history with lots of tabbing/new windows, so I restart Firefox at least once a day.
                      MTG Salvation.com | Forums

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        When I'm using IE and it crashes for some reason (rare), I lose just that instance. When Firefox crashes (more often than IE), I lose every tab. ARGHH
                        Yes, that is a problem with tabs in general, and a complete pain.

                        But anytime IE crashed for me, it always took all my windows with it. (place holder for a paranoid smiley)
                        TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          It depends on the level of the crash with IE - If it's a "freeze for a minute, show the "End process" window and close the window without throwing a fit" crash, it rarely takes any window but the one that has the problem...

                          But if it decides to lock up your entire screen for 5 minutes, then take another 4 to process the "End now" request, the likelyhood is that it is having a seizure, and will drag every other related process down to hell where all bad windows crashes go

                          Satan

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I hope the new IE will be something worth using. Right now, it's pathetic.
                            Let the flames begin.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Ah - no thanks. I would prefer that Mozilla fixes the issues rather then having to workaround it. I will go back to using IE anyway once it has tabs. I like Firefox but I just like the feel of IE better.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                You finally gave in on that quirky ui freddie

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X