X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rockergrrl
    Here's what I got:

Ouch! Butchered!

Firefox had the basic shape down (with a bit out of place), but I didnt even realize it was supposed to be a face until I saw the referance rendering

MGM out

Comment

• Here's some interesting info direct from Molly Holzschlag's blog: http://www.molly.com/2005/07/05/wasp...web-standards/

Apparently, WaSP and the IE7 team are collaborating to ensure it's standards-compliant. Good news!
      :)

Comment

• Does Windows Update not work in IE7?
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Originally posted by CeleronXT
          Does Windows Update not work in IE7?
          Its a beta, not available for general release yet.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by tgillespie
            I still don't understand why the tabs are above the menu bar. I do not use the menu bar nearly as much as I use tabs, and placing them farther away from my operating area seems silly. Can anyone tell me if the menu bar and tab bar are moveable? Also, why do the place the exit button all the way over on the right when it should be on the tab itself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Its a beta, not available for general release yet.
              This explains why Windows Update doesn't work in it?
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

• Great news folks:
                http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/07/29/445242.aspx
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Originally posted by CeleronXT
                  This explains why Windows Update doesn't work in it?
                  Windows Update does a check for your Windows version number and other system info. I doubt Microsoft wants WU to run on Vista or IE7. They don't want users running beta software to apply patches for previous versions, or patches that may affect vital operating system components, now do they?

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectPixel
                    Windows Update does a check for your Windows version number and other system info. I doubt Microsoft wants WU to run on Vista or IE7. They don't want users running beta software to apply patches for previous versions, or patches that may affect vital operating system components, now do they?
                    Good explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean C
                      CSS Fixes I'm anticipating the most

* 1px dotted borders (That's been a pain in the rear for YEARS...)
                      * Peekaboo bug
                      * Fixed width: auto
                      * Double float margin bug
                      * :hover on all elements
                      * Proper box model and fixed positioning

Even just fixing the box model on its own would be a big relief for a ton of designers out there. Few people have an idea of how many hacks your average CSS-based site has to address this single problem alone.

Comment

• Right now, they're beta testing a new version of Windows Update (6.2). Not sure if it will include Vista or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockergrrl
                          Right now, they're beta testing a new version of Windows Update (6.2). Not sure if it will include Vista or not.
                          I always love new Windows Update versions. They look so pretty!

(And BITS is still doing its job, so I don't see very much of an end-user feature upgrade)

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectPixel
                            CSS Fixes I'm anticipating the most

* 1px dotted borders (That's been a pain in the rear for YEARS...)
                            * Peekaboo bug
                            * Fixed width: auto
                            * Double float margin bug
                            * :hover on all elements
                            * Proper box model and fixed positioning

Even just fixing the box model on its own would be a big relief for a ton of designers out there. Few people have an idea of how many hacks your average CSS-based site has to address this single problem alone.
                            You can avoid the box-model issues entirely in IE by seperating padding/borders from width/height anyway.. Simple practice offers a simple solution Regardless, I'm going to be stuck here having to use the holly hack all the time for IE5+6 for a couple of years anyway so whilst this is a big jump, nothing will change for us
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• That's true, but only to a limited extent. Once you start having nested and floated elements, IE starts getting messy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean C
                                Honestly, I am more interested in this:
                                http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/04/26/412263.aspx
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X