More news on IE 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More news on IE 7

For those of you who are interested in IE 7. Check out this thread.

I for one am very excited about IE7 and it's not implementation of RSS, tabs and search.

The attached zip file is the attachment on my site (screen shots).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mainer82; Sat 25th Jun '05, 8:53am.

If the tab implementation is good, then I will switch back to IE when it is released. Always found IE to provide a more immersive and satisfying experience and currently use MSN Explorer for my fun on the Internet. Have to use Firefox for work though because often times I will have more than a dozen sites open at once and tabbed browsing makes it easier. Just wished there was more tab control without having to install a dozen and a half extensions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      If the tab implementation is good, then I will switch back to IE when it is released. Always found IE to provide a more immersive and satisfying experience and currently use MSN Explorer for my fun on the Internet. Have to use Firefox for work though because often times I will have more than a dozen sites open at once and tabbed browsing makes it easier. Just wished there was more tab control without having to install a dozen and a half extensions.
      What he said

Comment

Same here.
        Let the flames begin.

Comment

I'm sticking with Firefox all the way. I like Gecko a lot more than Trident.

Comment

I prefer Firefox, if only because of extensions and themes, two things IE has yet to implement. Not to mention Firefox has a better grasp of CSS and XHTML than IE does.

Although I would probably use IE more elsewhere (outside of my home) if the tabbed browsing is good enough

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
              I prefer Firefox, if only because of extensions and themes, two things IE has yet to implement. Not to mention Firefox has a better grasp of CSS and XHTML than IE does.

Although I would probably use IE more elsewhere (outside of my home) if the tabbed browsing is good enough

MGM out
              Right now, IE has poor support for CSS, but the devs have said IE will better support CSS and PNG.

Comment

The only time I'll consider IE to once again be good is when it fully complies to W3C standards like everything made by Mozilla for the past several years. That, and when legendary Microsoft security gets resolved.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                  The only time I'll consider IE to once again be good is when it fully complies to W3C standards like everything made by Mozilla for the past several years. That, and when legendary Microsoft security gets resolved.
                  I'll move to firefox when it actually does render standardized code 100% correctly and doesn't have any xul spoofing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                    I'll move to firefox when it actually does render standardized code 100% correctly and doesn't have any xul spoofing issues.
                    I have never once seen a single rendering error for compliant code in Firefox.
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

You're not trying then

Comment

I will be going back to IE definitly if tabbed is good, firefox uses so much memory if you download alot. It leaks it out, IE is fast but I hate having so many windows open.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                          I prefer Firefox, if only because of extensions and themes, two things IE has yet to implement.
                          IE has had extension capability since version 4. How do you think the Google, Yahoo, MSN and hundreds of other bars work? How do you think ieSpell works? Hundreds if not thousands of ways to expand IE. Even has an open API so you can grab browser functionality from any application you write. Not only that but IE extensions are compiled so you don't slow down your computer with hundreds of potential javascript conflicts written by people without a clue. If Mozilla took notice, there would be a proper way to extend a compiled program instead of using bulky and memory hogging constructs in Javascript.

Also all of windows is very themeable including Internet Explorer, just have to know how to do it.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            True, FireFox has rendering issues. But all browsers do. Compare how many rendering issues FireFox has with the amount that IE has.
                            :)

Comment

I rarely notice any rendering issues in FF..... almost every time I notice some on IE tho lol
                              http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X