Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you upgraded to vBulletin 3.5?

Hi,

I have a forum with just over 5000 members and 530k posts. I am not sure whether or not to upgrade to vBulletin 3.5 whilst it is in the beta stages. In one way, I feel that I should, as then I'd be able to report bugs as well as take advantage of the new features. But in other ways, I am not too sure, as I feel that it may be insecure.

So, just to get an idea of what everyone else is up to, have you upgraded your LIVE forums to vBulletin 3.5?
    Yes
    28.33%
    No (Waiting for a stable release)
    60.00%
    No (Going to stick with an older version of vBulletin)
    5.83%
    Undecided whether or not to upgrade to vBulletin 3.5 BETA
    5.83%

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

^ what the ****? It took me 5 minutes to write the answer and after submitting I got this
    That's the end of that!

Comment

I am not gonna upgrade until the code-base is somewhat fixed, eg. Gold released.
      My Board is almost hacked to death and I don't want to re-apply every freaking hack every 2 weeks.
      The new 3.5 features are really cool and useful, but 3.0.7 is stable and running fine so far, so there is no need for a rush to upgrade
      Last edited by Andreas; Tue 21 Jun '05, 8:14am.

Comment

I totally agree. It's what I wanted to wríte before the editor mutated my post
        That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyDE
          I am not gonna upgrade until the code-base is somewhat fixed, eg. Gold released.
          My Board is almost hacked to death and I don't want to re-apply every freaking hack every 2 weeks.
          The new 3.5 features are really cool and useful, but 3.0.7 is stable and running fine so far, so there is no need for a rush to upgrade
          I thought that with the hook system, re-applying hacks is no longer necessary.

Comment

Yes, I've upgraded vBulletin-Fans.com, vBulletin-Style.com, vBulletin-Language.com and vBulletin-Tutorials.com Went very smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
              I thought that with the hook system, re-applying hacks is no longer necessary.
              If you can do them with hooks - yes.
              But this isn't always possible. Especially when it comes to modifying queries this is almost impossible so far.

Comment

I'm waiting for a stable release, but I may start creating styles soon to prepare for my site's opening.

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  Yes, I've upgraded vBulletin-Fans.com, vBulletin-Style.com, vBulletin-Language.com and vBulletin-Tutorials.com Went very smooth
                  Ever thought of merging all those boards into one, Floris?

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                    Ever thought of merging all those boards into one, Floris?
                    HEHE, wouldn't be a bad idea Floris is trying to talk over the vB World!

I am holding off on upgrading my site until the stable version is released so I dont have to go without my Checkout System / Members Area, but I have started to code every skin for vBulletin 3.5 and not vB 3.0.7.

Comment

We're waiting for stable release too.

Comment

Stable

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                          MERGE EM

Waiting on a stable copy....

Comment

I've updated to 3.5.0 Beta because I like the new features, I also like to have the latest stuff. Also, since vBulletin is currently running 3.5 beta right now, and it appears it's going well, that helped me make my decision to run it also.
                            Let the flames begin.

Comment

I'm waiting for 3.5.0 gold. I have a lot of custom hacks to convert over, so it's going to take time.
                              Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X