Prevent FlashGet Abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastforward,
    How come in the last line you don't have a [R,L]? I thought you need a R for redirect?

RewriteRule ^.*$ /wpoison/nospam.html [L]

Should it be like this instead?

RewriteRule ^.*$ /wpoison/nospam.html [R,L]
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Has anyone figured this one out yet? I'm still not able to disable this, and these downloader programs are killing my bandwidth. Just came up with over 3900GB for the month of October.

Comment

This thread is several years old.

Anyway, even if you disabled it; your bandwidth would be more or less the same. They would still download what they wanted; it may take them longer.

3900GB is a ton of traffic; you must make money from the site, right?

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED
          This thread is several years old.

Anyway, even if you disabled it; your bandwidth would be more or less the same. They would still download what they wanted; it may take them longer.

3900GB is a ton of traffic; you must make money from the site, right?
          Yeah I make money on it, but my site has grown out of control, its like no other vbulletin board you've ever seen. The site is www.hookupboard.com if you wanna check it out.

We aren't accepting any new user registrations right now because of the craziness, but i'll turn it back on in a few days.

I'd still like to disable the flashget if anyone knows how to. I know the htaccess solution doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

You can't stop it, as simple as that. You can hack flashget to change the referrer, the headers and the useragent.
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X