Any pianists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pianists?

I had lessons when I was a lot younger up until grade 2 where I decided to quit due to time constraints I still play all the time now though.

Anyone else play? What kind of music do you like playing? Got a particularly favorite song to play ?
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

I play the piano, but I am not good at it. Learned from my sister who is good at it. I felt the guitar was more my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
      I had lessons when I was a lot younger up until grade 2 where I decided to quit due to time constraints I still play all the time now though.

Anyone else play? What kind of music do you like playing? Got a particularly favorite song to play ?
      So, when you were in 2nd grade, you had alot of 'time constraints,' eh?

Did you have a job or something? o_O;

Comment

Originally posted by eXaulz
        So, when you were in 2nd grade, you had alot of 'time constraints,' eh?

Did you have a job or something? o_O;
        Grade 2 opposed to 2nd Grade, very diffrent.

One is music, the other is US education system, Dean is in the UK.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
          Grade 2 opposed to 2nd Grade, one is music, the other is US education system, Dean is in the UK.
          Ooohh...

LOL

Comment

Hehe indeed, it's a classification system for music examinations. It goes from Grade1 upwards to I think around Grade8/10
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I played piano for about five years, but I never truely got into it, and I'm sad to say that I can play remarkably bad for all the lessons I took...
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yep, I play piano. Started when I was 8 years old, if I recall correctly. Passed the Royal Conservatory of Music's teacher certification exam when I was 13, but haven't played much since about five years ago.

Last time I've really played piano was about 1.5 months ago, when I just sat down in a piano lounge and played for about 3 hours non-stop. Until my friend told me that I was there for 3 hours, in which case I was totally shocked and immediatedly left.
                :)

Comment

Anyone else play?
                  Took lessons for 6 years.

What kind of music do you like playing?
                  Theme songs to old NES games, and other typical piano songs that you might expect.

Got a particularly favorite song to play?
                  Moonlight Sonata gets the ladies. Golliwogs Cakewalk is fun to play.

Comment

Didn't learn to paly piano, mghit learn a little. good when messing with techno stuff and writing music sicne al lthe pitches are laid out. I play French Horn and turmpet though..and wish I couldf play guitar...I practice so much but it jsut doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                      Yep, I play piano. Started when I was 8 years old, if I recall correctly. Passed the Royal Conservatory of Music's teacher certification exam when I was 13, but haven't played much since about five years ago.

Last time I've really played piano was about 1.5 months ago, when I just sat down in a piano lounge and played for about 3 hours non-stop. Until my friend told me that I was there for 3 hours, in which case I was totally shocked and immediatedly left.
                      That is the coolest thing I've ever heard! I would love to have that ability.

One of my favorite things to do when I was back in NY was to go to the park and find a musician playing and just hang out.

My wife has piano players in her family, teachers in fact. They want my kids to play. However they are 1200 miles away. I think I'm gonna get the phone book out.
                      Computer Help Forum
                      An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

I used to play a lot when I was younger, formal lessons etc., but never had much motivation to continue. I stopped for quite a few years, and picked up guitar and now I play that as my main instrument. However, a couple of years ago I played around on the piano and realized because of what I had learned with guitar, I could write songs on piano, and that's what I do a lot of now.

So do I have a favorite song to play? Not really, I don't play much of other people's music (on piano), but I love to write songs on it and just play for fun.

h
                        Last edited by hockyfan; Mon 20th Jun '05, 2:33pm.

Comment

Haven't touched the Piano in several years; i think 6. Been meaning to pick it up again
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

i played it... but i got tired

Comment

I started playing the piano at around 11 years old. Played all through high school, and then got paid to play when I was 18/19 (was in a band). I also know how to play the organ.

I also started playing the guitar when I was 10. Same as the piano, played all throughout high school, and then got paid ot play (in the band). I know how to play acoustic, electric and bass guitar.

I don't play either much anymore though (I don't own a piano or a keyboard anymore -- and my electric guitar needs new wiring - just haven't gotten around to tearing it apart) -- its a '67 Les Paul -- and my acoustic needs a couple new frets).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X