how old are john and james?

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    JelSoft should turn around and purchase InfoPop! LOL

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    John and James ran a website called vbworld that used UBB (now known as UBB.classic) performance was generally bad since it was all flatfile. John created a clone in PHP and MySQL, he tried to sell it to Infopop. They said no.
    Wonder what they would be saying now?
    "Damn we should of bought it!"

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by YoungCoder
    Hi there,

Is vBulletin one of those huge things that was initially programmed by a teenager up in his bedroom? Or was it initially programmed by an Indian for freelance work at $0.10/hour?

Regards,
    YoungCoder
    Check out the following:

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/joh...ival-vbulletin

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/int...arby-vbulletin

Leave a comment:

• YoungCoder
    replied
    Thats a great story, i'm going to read it to my kids at night, also my name is Freddie

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    John and James ran a website called vbworld that used UBB (now known as UBB.classic) performance was generally bad since it was all flatfile. John created a clone in PHP and MySQL, he tried to sell it to Infopop. They said no, john and james decided to market it after some badgering from Martin.

vB 1.1 was the first public release back in 2000~

All the current development staff were people who wrote modifications at the time, order in which they were employed was Mike, Freddie, Kier, Me. At least I think that is the order

Mike, Freddie, Kier worked on vB2
    Mike, Freddie, Kier and myself on vB3
    Last edited by Kier; Wed 1 Jun '05, 4:08am.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Iovino
    replied
    Originally posted by Neocorteqz
    I'm curious myself to see how it all started. Well of course a brief summary, not the whole story, I'm sure that would take too long.
    It would be a good reading.

Leave a comment:

• Neocorteqz
    replied
    I'm curious myself to see how it all started. Well of course a brief summary, not the whole story, I'm sure that would take too long.

Leave a comment:

• Sn2
    replied
    He was thought to have been in a sweat shop for programmers at the time being paid only 1 cocoa bean and a turnip a week.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Disclaimer: No Indian kids or animals were hurt during the programming of this software (to our knowledge).

Leave a comment:

• ajaspers
    replied
    John was a teenager (19) when he started coding vBulletin 1.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    No. It was originally programmed by John.

Leave a comment:

• YoungCoder
    started a topic The vBulletin kid?

The vBulletin kid?

Hi there,

Is vBulletin one of those huge things that was initially programmed by a teenager up in his bedroom? Or was it initially programmed by an Indian for freelance work at $0.10/hour?

Regards,
    YoungCoder
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X