Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winxp pro cpu 100% load and nv less, Lagging computer big time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winxp pro cpu 100% load and nv less, Lagging computer big time...

Anyone had this issues? What solution u make?
    It seems on my area, format and re-install does not help at all.
    the usage is always on 100%. u guyz know when re-install windows xp os, there this option on Installing windows and estimate times left = 39Mins.. ?
    The system itself is P4 3.0E and have 512, 2x256 DDR400 ram and the installation and process took 12 hours instead of the 39 mins. Upon loading to windows, it lag big time, 20 mins to fully load into windows and another 10 for opening IE to connect to net...

anyone able to help or assist on this? what u do or if u had similar encounter?

i take it you have already scanned for spyware/virus/adware etc?
    For all you game collectors

Comment

Bad cpu/cooling?
      Bad ram?
      Bad hard drive with damaged sectors?

Comment

yeap. Format even.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Kane
          Bad cpu/cooling?
          Bad ram?
          Bad hard drive with damaged sectors?
          Suspect so.
          not the ram, able to run smoothly on another computer. neither is the hdd, tested so too. only proccessor did not take it out or swap. now possible are motherboard or proccessor. AGP onboard so no issue.

Comment

I would start by running DFT and Memtest on the system.
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
              I would start by running DFT and Memtest on the system.
              memtest was tested but with another application. Is normal.
              As for DFT. yet to and i believe i dun wanna test anymore. But thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

i had sent the whole cpu to the manufactor/shop, it could be due to the P4 processors problem or the motherboard because it is generating a great deal of heat w/o reason. Imagine despite with 1 default intel process heatsink + fan and internal with 3 fans blowing with 2 fans to extract the hot air out of the cpu, when u did a shutdown which took a whole 10 min to complete, there a slight burnt smell on the area where the processors and southbridge lies. The burnt smell isnt smell like those burnt black but like.. ehh vapour sort, light faint heated chip smell, also the thermal paste on the processor to the heatsink totally dried up and crack, it became powder form. Thermal paste to become powder form, just imagine the amount of heat generated.... this dried paste smell contribute to the faint burnt smell i discover. The processor temp reflect on an external devices on the casing to sense the temp on the heatsink shows me 81degree calcius, that should be around 180 degree fahrenheit. but the motherboard thought set to autoshut down on 70 degree calcius and a beeping warning was set to alert on the 65 degree calcius mark. but it seems neither worked. If heatsink temp is 81 degree calcius , the proccessors should be ard 85 degree calcius which seem pretty high....

The person whom we purchased from, after i alert him my finding, he suggest for me to sent the cpu back to anaylsis. the problem isnt yet known to me but maybe a week later when i get back to him. Maybe is just the voltage calculation screwed up? thus over powered somehow, otherwise a failure of power control on the motherboard.?

Anyone faced similar problem? b4 this problem was experience, this cpu infact was great, the speed and everything... mmm...

Comment

Intel's newer processors do tend to heat up, my cpu averages about 55-63 degrees celsius, but bare in mind that I don't have this "lagging" problem that you've been experiencing and I rarely exceed ~80% CPU for more than a few seconds. When I first got my PC the temperature was much higher, but since then I've changed the power supply from a 350W to a 450W and I've removed the cheap silicon heatsink compound goo and replaced it with a thin layer of artic silver and this has brought the temperature down by about 5 degrees.

It's not unusual for heatsink compound to dry up but if you can see cracks, I'm wondering if you'd applied too much. You only need a very thin layer. Also, was the heatsink securily 'fastened'? My cousing recently wrecked his processor because he didn't put the heatsink on properly and he was getting temperatures above 75 degrees also.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowqueen
                  Intel's newer processors do tend to heat up, my cpu averages about 55-63 degrees celsius, but bare in mind that I don't have this "lagging" problem that you've been experiencing and I rarely exceed ~80% CPU for more than a few seconds. When I first got my PC the temperature was much higher, but since then I've changed the power supply from a 350W to a 450W and I've removed the cheap silicon heatsink compound goo and replaced it with a thin layer of artic silver and this has brought the temperature down by about 5 degrees.

It's not unusual for heatsink compound to dry up but if you can see cracks, I'm wondering if you'd applied too much. You only need a very thin layer. Also, was the heatsink securily 'fastened'? My cousing recently wrecked his processor because he didn't put the heatsink on properly and he was getting temperatures above 75 degrees also.
                  ehh. guess i forget to mention, the applied paste just applied, within 24 hours dried up. is okie. waiting for the week to pass 1st.

Comment

okie. confirming the motherboard short circuit.
                    they help me change another board now everything back to normal.

Comment

good to hear
                      http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

Originally posted by weirdpixels
                        good to hear
                        thanks bro... is good to be back with speed.
                        temp now at 40 degree calcius...
                        keke...

Comment

Download hijack this and go into safe mode, run hijack this and let us know the result. And press control alt delete when you go 100% and tell us which procs are requesting 100% of the cpu

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                            Download hijack this and go into safe mode, run hijack this and let us know the result. And press control alt delete when you go 100% and tell us which procs are requesting 100% of the cpu
                            ehh floris..
                            the hardware technician had fix the problem due to warrenty, i did not temper too much other than software.
                            is a hardware problem, a short circuit on a motherboard or rather i call it a power miscalculating. thus excessive or insufficient power were load on the board thus causing the huge lag cause processor are loading heavier than usual.

as for which process, im able to tell u that there a total of 23 process loaded only and highest is the system idle thing...

Comment

Glad it is fixed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X