Style with tablet PC use in mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style with tablet PC use in mind?

I have a tablet PC, and some of the sites I use are very frustrating to navigate with a pen. vBulletin forums are some of the better ones, but still leave some things to be desired (e.g. formatting controls are clunky, for one, and some of the controls are too small, like paging). Has anyone gone as far as creating a vBulletin style that is friendly to pen computing? Is there even enough of a base of tablet users yet to warrant such an offering?

I find most sites as usuable as others given you're restrainted by the pen. That's why I usually browse in normal laptop (landscape) mode, not slate (portrait) mode.

...although my resolution is 1400 x 1050, which is far higher than most tablets which tend to be a useless 1024 x 768.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Yeah, the screen size is one thing that makes browsing some sites frustrating... I take notes in portrait mode; it's too inconvenient to switchback and forth so I usually just put up with it.

A vBulletin style designed for easier pen use would be nice, at least I could more easily use my own sites.

Comment

Buy me a tablet, I'll design one

Comment

They can easily be found on eBay for a few hundred, not much more than a few vB licenses More modern models would cost upwards of $1-2,000 there still, but you can still get the feel of pen competing with a first-gen. I got mine for $661 in slightly damaged condition. About 1" by 3mm of the screen in the left bottom corner, where nothing goes on anyway, the display is super bright. When you go for gems like this that say they're worn, used, damaged, etc, you can hit it big because the bids won't go as high on used stuff.
          Last edited by fury; Mon 23rd May '05, 2:19pm.

Comment

Not in my budget right now with moving + car repairs but buy me one and I will be more than happy to make you a complaint style

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X