This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Floris
    It doesn't reload the page to submit your quick reply.
    It is now instantly adding it to the bottom of the thread, quick-er reply-ing
    Not saying anything bad but honestly as far as speed difference I can not tell it that much. The forums on a whole seem faster but the QR does not seem any faster than the one on my site now. QR reply on my server is almost instant even with the page reload but here there seems to be a lag of like 1 second and the post automatically appears at the bottom of the thread. The first time I used it here I wondered if I actually clicked it and started to click it again but then it appeared. I would think with that 1 second or . second lag it would cause some double posting by people thinking as I did and click it again. This was only my observation and it may be just me, but to me that little short delay between submit and the post appearing is no faster than the page reloaded without the delay. Although the entire QR thing won't matter a lot on my forums because I only allow post ever 60 seconds anyway so I guess it's a mute point.

Comment

• My only wish/minor complaint is that Instant Reply (you can just no longer call it a quick reply because it's faster than quick!) only works in Linear mode and not Hybrid/Threaded. Other than that, though, it's absolutely amazing, and I cannot wait to get my hands on all that OOP.
      Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• I'm on mac safari and love this quick reply. What about it doesn't work for other mac users?
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathy
          I'm on mac safari and love this quick reply. What about it doesn't work for other mac users?
          I didn't realize at the time of writing that the Instant Reply only worked on Linear mode (I use Hybrid for browsing here). Also when we had AJAX title editing enabled here it wasn't working for me under Safari, but it was working in FireFox.
          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• whoa @ Send PM page.
            3.5 is getting even more interesting....

Comment

• Are there any other features besides the double clicking message one that are not present now but will be added by the time the beta is released?
              Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• see the video
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• That's for sure. Alot of webmasters are going to love this version.

Comment

• Hum....why can't people TEST within the test area and not here
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Allot of features (Auto complete for example) aren't Mac Compatible.

Comment

• Could it be a limitation within Safari?

Comment

• its cool so far and being able to edit your post just by clicking on it will be cool when added

Comment

• very good!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                              Did everyone notice the autocomplete for nicknames in the pm window?
                              Dohh there goes the hack i was writing for 3.0.7
                              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• lol? I guess you are to late

Nice to see vB 3.5 is working as expected. Iam looking forward to the first beta
                                That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X