Internet Explorer 7 with tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filburt1
    Exactly. Who gives a damn about tabs when the content within them is still rendered by 5-year-old half-standards?
    I think they just going to keep adding their own "standards"

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
      Tabs? Ok... now start pushing towards support for webstandards, PNG support and a few other things
      Agreed

MGM out

Comment

If you read the blog they are pushing towards standards compliance

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
          Amen to that

Talking about standards: Will Microsoft do as they did in the past (define new standards and don't care about others)?
          I'm sorry, I must have missed where they ever "defined" it. If they defined it, then I wouldn't have to spend hours trying to work out (apparent) random behaviour. Even MSDN wasn't much help.
          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
            Exactly. Who gives a damn about tabs when the content within them is still rendered by 5-year-old half-standards?
            Actually, in a recent blog, they have stated for full PNG support and better CSS support. I'm not sure what "better" means though.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
              Actually, in a recent blog, they have stated for full PNG support and better CSS support. I'm not sure what "better" means though.
              Better as in more standardized than IE6? If so, then maybe they arent going for FULL standardization (is that even a word?)

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                Better as in more standardized than IE6? If so, then maybe they arent going for FULL standardization (is that even a word?)

MGM out
                Scroll down for the CSS portion:
                http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/

Comment

Avalon + XAML. I predict a year after Longhorn you'll find most of your e-tailers providing you with XAML based shop fronts. Whether they provide HTML aswell is anyones guess.

Comment

Doubtful, the upgrade market is going to be too small even a year after Longhorn is released, and I doubt this is going to be helped by such things being backported to WinXP.
                    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Working...
                    X