Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't vBulletin use 3.2 instead then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akex054
    By changing the version number from 3.0.x to 3.5 you are then limited if you include too many new features.

Imagine, a new version is out with more new features than the 3.5 but still using the 3.x scheme. You can't go over 3.9 as 3.10 is like 3.1.O aso ...
    Yea, you can do that... it'll probably confuse a lot of people but I doubt Jelsoft will ever get to that point anyways

MGM out

Comment

I hope so

Comment

I say we call it vBulletin 3.0.8. But either way works for me as i know what im installing.
        Ken Iovino
        Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

who gives a hell what version number it is... atleast they are releasing a new update.

Comment

Originally posted by vbcore
            who gives a hell what version number it is... atleast they are releasing a new update.
            LOL! Best statement ever.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

At first I thought this kind of version bump was stupid. Then I read the list of new features, and my opinion changed dramatically. I, personally, think the new features are drastic enough to warrant a vB4. Really, these changes are amazing.
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                At first I thought this kind of version bump was stupid. Then I read the list of new features, and my opinion changed dramatically. I, personally, think the new features are drastic enough to warrant a vB4. Really, these changes are amazing.
                only because you haven't seen what's in store for vB 4
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                  Sssttt..

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                    Oh you've gone and done it now. It's only a matter of time before someone says, "A Jelsoft staff member said we 'haven't seen what's in store for vB4', when can we expect a feature list and/or a release date?".

Comment

They can ask, but we will not be able to reply, because it is just too early right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                        They can ask, but we will not be able to reply, because it is just too early right now.
                        So it is in development?

lol, nah I'm just kidding.... can't wait to get my hands on 3.5 though

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                          So it is in development?

lol, nah I'm just kidding.... can't wait to get my hands on 3.5 though

MGM out
                          Version 5 is already done, but we're just not telling anybody :P

Comment

Version 5 is already done, but we're just not telling anybody :P
                            thing is vb2+vb3=vb5 winamps scheme for numbering so there is no vb4

Comment

Sssttt..
                              so I shouldn't mention the NINJA Stealth Interface. Got it...
                              Webmaster:
                              @forumz

Comment

so lets see how this works

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X