Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Spoil yourself and watch it 5,2,4,6,1,3 ..

It is great to watch 1,2,3,4,5,6 in a week (one each day).

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    Also what good is explaining the meaning of the force in the 4th film but not in the other 3?

I think you'd have to watch it 4,5,1,2,3,6 to avoid spoiling it all.
    Why is 6 last? To have the death of Vader and the Emperor since its the actual "end" to be last? What about when its revealed that Luke and Leia are brother/sister?

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Also what good is explaining the meaning of the force in the 4th film but not in the other 3?

I think you'd have to watch it 4,5,1,2,3,6 to avoid spoiling it all.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier
    My opinion - a great movie spoiled badly by Lucas' total lack of talent in writing the dialogue and directing his actors.

The story of ROTS was great, filling in lots of gaps that we've all been waiting to see filled, but it could have been so much better if Lucas had handed off the dialogue and direction, like he did for ESB and ROTJ.

No doubt this is the best of the prequels, but it's not as good as any of the original trilogy IMO.

And as a final kick, why did they decide to put Hayden Xckristianzxcsen into the Vader suit? He's too small to be Vader and he moves in a very disjointed way compared to Dave Prowse' version. I'm not suggesting that they bring back Prowse, but surely they could have put someone with a more appropriate build and some movement training into the suit???
    I agree that the bad writing.

One thing that I didn't like, is that the names of the kids were mentioned after they were born.. (Luke & Lea)
    Obviously we all know they are the kids, however, if someone watches the movies in sequence (episode I, II, III, then the classics) knowing the kids names ruins the "surprise" which is revealed in the original series.

The other thing is when Lea said she knew her mother well (in the original series)...Not sure how that happened since her mom died while giving birth. Some say she could have ben referring to her step mother, but it's still a bit shady IMO.

I also think Yoda should have been able to put up a better fight at the end.

At least they put some symbolism in the movie with the fight between Yoda and the Sith Lord (when he was throwing the seats at Yoda.... = disbanding the Senate)

Anyway, good movie overall.
    Last edited by Vile; Tue 24th May '05, 11:19am.

Leave a comment:

• brisk_99
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier
    And as a final kick, why did they decide to put Hayden Xckristianzxcsen into the Vader suit? He's too small to be Vader and he moves in a very disjointed way compared to Dave Prowse' version. I'm not suggesting that they bring back Prowse, but surely they could have put someone with a more appropriate build and some movement training into the suit???
    I thought about this and I came up with an answer that I could live with. lol They had to explain age and the slower moves by the original Vader compared to Hayden.

When I first saw him in the Vader suit the first thing that came to mind was damn he is too skinny for that suit, so I came to the conclusion that later in life he had to fight the middle aged bulge. When you watch Hayden and Ewan fight compared to the original Vader and obi-wan it’s really funny. Hayden and Ewan's moves are a lot faster compared to the battle between the two in A New Hope not to mention Vader slowed down a lot when he fought Luke in The Return of the Jedi. Watching Luke and Hayden fight there would be no way Luke could have touched him so I had to come up with some conclusion.
    Last edited by brisk_99; Mon 23rd May '05, 8:51pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Skeptical
    Btw, the movie SUCKED for me. Lucas just can't tell a story. The character development was sooo bad I didn't give a rat's a$$ about Anakin, Padme, or anyone else in the movie.
    Lucas, himself, has said that the dialog is not even the movie's strongest point and it never was meant to be. Dialog to him is a mere afterthought and put in because the audience requires it. He isn't making Oscar winning movies, he is making money-making movies. You go to see it for the action and if you want story, you buy the book. That is exactly how he sees it.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    My opinion - a great movie spoiled badly by Lucas' total lack of talent in writing the dialogue and directing his actors.

The story of ROTS was great, filling in lots of gaps that we've all been waiting to see filled, but it could have been so much better if Lucas had handed off the dialogue and direction, like he did for ESB and ROTJ.

No doubt this is the best of the prequels, but it's not as good as any of the original trilogy IMO.

Leave a comment:

• golfer adam
    replied
    Just back from the movie and all I can say is wow some great action scences and some bits were a bit boring I would say it was better than the others. Though the acting wasn't great in it but the movie ain't about the acting.

Also I kept thinking throughout how much it would cost to make that movie dang.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Skeptical
    He's making bank on Star Wars. You think Lucas will give it up just like that? Wait for 7,8 and 9 in the future.

Btw, the movie SUCKED for me. Lucas just can't tell a story. The character development was sooo bad I didn't give a rat's a$$ about Anakin, Padme, or anyone else in the movie.

To compare this with LoTR? Must be a joke. LoTR is about 10,000 times better.
    That's your opinion. Many people believe Star Wars is better than LotR... I disagree with that but many people do believe it

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    He's making bank on Star Wars. You think Lucas will give it up just like that? Wait for 7,8 and 9 in the future.

To compare this with LoTR? Must be a joke. LoTR is about 10,000 times better.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    i seen this at a private showing on thursday moring, was about 12:20 am.. was awsome, i'd tell everyone to go see it,, really ties the story together

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Source 1
    Source 2
    Source 3

All found by a quick Google search

MGM out
    Thanks, I'll have a look over these.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Radon3k
    I haven't heard about this, do you have any information on it?
    Source 1
    Source 2
    Source 3

All found by a quick Google search

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    he IS directing the two TV series he has planned though (at least for one season)
    I haven't heard about this, do you have any information on it?

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Erwin
    Prequel? You mean sequel.

I thought he was doing this:

Past - Episodes 4,5,6
    Now 1,2,3
    Later 7,8,9.

Edit - I'm watching Episode 3 tonight. Looking forward to it.
    He says he won't do that, but a website called supershadow.com claims that he does (apparently, the owner of the site claims he knows George Lucas and that the owner of the site has been given the rights to direct ep. 7-9 himself, with George Lucas writing the story). But a lot of people believe supershadow.com is a fake and should not be trusted, so take it as you will

Officially though, it's 456, then 123, and thats it.... he IS directing the two TV series he has planned though (at least for one season)

MGM out

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X