Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGM
    I sure hope he does... I just can't imagine the movie industry without a star wars movie in the horizon

MGM out
    I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that this would be Lucas' last Star Wars movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
      I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that this would be Lucas' last Star Wars movie.
      It is his last, as far as he says, but a lot of people also think he'll do a "prequel trilogy" in 20XX

MGM out

Comment

I strongly advise everyone to see it, it´s a awesome movie. There are tons of action scenes for the boys, and romantic scenes for the gals.

Altough I must add, this movie is like the LotR series, it really shines on the cinema with the kickass sound system.

If I watched it at home, I would probably get disappointed, since the special effects are very nice, and without that great sound system to enhance, it loses some of it´s magic.

Comment

Prequel? You mean sequel.

I thought he was doing this:

Past - Episodes 4,5,6
          Now 1,2,3
          Later 7,8,9.

Edit - I'm watching Episode 3 tonight. Looking forward to it.
          Last edited by Erwin; Fri 20th May '05, 5:19pm.

Comment

Some friends of mine and I got together last night to go see it and I have to agree with Scott. I loved it and was not disappointed in it at all. I felt it really filled in a lot of the gaps and I would highly recommend people to go see it. After seeing it I now think that this one is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
              Prequel? You mean sequel.

I thought he was doing this:

Past - Episodes 4,5,6
              Now 1,2,3
              Later 7,8,9.

Edit - I'm watching Episode 3 tonight. Looking forward to it.
              He says he won't do that, but a website called supershadow.com claims that he does (apparently, the owner of the site claims he knows George Lucas and that the owner of the site has been given the rights to direct ep. 7-9 himself, with George Lucas writing the story). But a lot of people believe supershadow.com is a fake and should not be trusted, so take it as you will

Officially though, it's 456, then 123, and thats it.... he IS directing the two TV series he has planned though (at least for one season)

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                he IS directing the two TV series he has planned though (at least for one season)
                I haven't heard about this, do you have any information on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                  I haven't heard about this, do you have any information on it?
                  Source 1
                  Source 2
                  Source 3

All found by a quick Google search

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                    Source 1
                    Source 2
                    Source 3

All found by a quick Google search

MGM out
                    Thanks, I'll have a look over these.

Comment

i seen this at a private showing on thursday moring, was about 12:20 am.. was awsome, i'd tell everyone to go see it,, really ties the story together
                      -- Web Developer for hire
                      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

He's making bank on Star Wars. You think Lucas will give it up just like that? Wait for 7,8 and 9 in the future.

Btw, the movie SUCKED for me. Lucas just can't tell a story. The character development was sooo bad I didn't give a rat's a$$ about Anakin, Padme, or anyone else in the movie.

To compare this with LoTR? Must be a joke. LoTR is about 10,000 times better.
                        Well, there it is.
                        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                          He's making bank on Star Wars. You think Lucas will give it up just like that? Wait for 7,8 and 9 in the future.

Btw, the movie SUCKED for me. Lucas just can't tell a story. The character development was sooo bad I didn't give a rat's a$$ about Anakin, Padme, or anyone else in the movie.

To compare this with LoTR? Must be a joke. LoTR is about 10,000 times better.
                          That's your opinion. Many people believe Star Wars is better than LotR... I disagree with that but many people do believe it

MGM out

Comment

Just back from the movie and all I can say is wow some great action scences and some bits were a bit boring I would say it was better than the others. Though the acting wasn't great in it but the movie ain't about the acting.

Also I kept thinking throughout how much it would cost to make that movie dang.

Comment

My opinion - a great movie spoiled badly by Lucas' total lack of talent in writing the dialogue and directing his actors.

The story of ROTS was great, filling in lots of gaps that we've all been waiting to see filled, but it could have been so much better if Lucas had handed off the dialogue and direction, like he did for ESB and ROTJ.

No doubt this is the best of the prequels, but it's not as good as any of the original trilogy IMO.

And as a final kick, why did they decide to put Hayden Xckristianzxcsen into the Vader suit? He's too small to be Vader and he moves in a very disjointed way compared to Dave Prowse' version. I'm not suggesting that they bring back Prowse, but surely they could have put someone with a more appropriate build and some movement training into the suit???

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                                Lucas, himself, has said that the dialog is not even the movie's strongest point and it never was meant to be. Dialog to him is a mere afterthought and put in because the audience requires it. He isn't making Oscar winning movies, he is making money-making movies. You go to see it for the action and if you want story, you buy the book. That is exactly how he sees it.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X