Help maths test tommorow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help maths test tommorow.

Ok I have my G.C.S.E maths comming up soon and I lost some revision notes for maths and I am having a bit of difficulty with some stuff and can someone verify this for me in "pythagoros" which is what I am having difficulty with, ok I know that the basic forumla for pythagoros is (a sqared) + (b squared) =
    (h squared) correct?

And are these three rules if I am remebering correctly to find the 3rd side of a triangle.

1. sqaure the other two numbers
    2. Then subtract or add them dependiong on wether or not you want to find the short or long side.
    3. then square the number

I think that is right this is 100% refreshing my brain and thinking back months.

Ok anyway I think I have it but not 100% lets say I have a triangle we are given 2 sides lets say 5m and 3m of what I do is

5 sqaured = 25
    3 squared = 9

25-9= 16 the sqaure root of 16= 4 the 2rd side of the triangle= 4m.

Am I doing this right?
    Last edited by golfer adam; Tue 17 May '05, 4:26am.

Yup, you got it.

(Well, except 3 squared is nine..not 9 squared is 9.)
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by kall
      Yup, you got it.
      Thank you that is good

Originally posted by kall
      (Well, except 3 squared is nine..not 9 squared is 9.)

and fixed that concentration lapse.

Comment

Use the pythagorean theorem:

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

It means that one side squared plus one side squared equals the hypotenuse squared. You can also memorize pythagorean triplets such as 3, 4, 5. Basically if the two legs are 3 and 4 the hypotenuse is 5.
        Last edited by Shining Arcanine; Tue 17 May '05, 7:44pm. Reason: Spelling

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X